• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

Finally for today another of the unknown Pershore road shots, from 1972, the motorcycle shop should pin it for someone - Midland Red bus stop and a scooter parked by the letter box and a Watneys Red Label advert, remeber the little Red Barrel key rings?
EDIT: Suggested location, Car park at the Stirchley Bowl.

Pershore Road - 72.jpg

Last edited:
Due to Ring Road redevelopment we are moving to.. says the sign in one of the shop windows, the car is in the way of the location, nice Morris van and a Policeman walking up the road. Crates on the road to save a parking space. The lamppost and sign are quite ornamental. There are a couple of Bus stops and a barbers pole down the road, offers on Location please.

View attachment 156084

There was a William Hughes 150 Moor Street in 1957, and City Shades, 151,Moor Street in 1949.

In #106 the van's a Ford 10 E83W if my memory is working properly today and the car is a Hillman Husky.

That's #1319 now that the mods have moved the post.

Last edited:
Due to Ring Road redevelopment we are moving to.. says the sign in one of the shop windows, the car is in the way of the location, nice Morris van and a Policeman walking up the road. Crates on the road to save a parking space. The lamppost and sign are quite ornamental. There are a couple of Bus stops and a barbers pole down the road, offers on Location please.

View attachment 156084
Moor St. looking towards Bull Ring, Woolworth's at the end of the road.

I tried to find the location and got a vague link to Soho Road - that block of shops matched the photo so I assumed it was the correct location. Hope I am right.

I tried to find the location and got a vague link to Soho Road - that block of shops matched the photo so I assumed it was the correct location. Hope I am right.

Yes I think you are, it looks much like it did in the late 60's. I can't think where else it could be.

Back