• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Covid vaccination process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the first of the AstraZeneca jabs at the beginning of the month. I was OK for a few hours then it hit me like a bad case of the flu for 3-4 days. Due the next one at the start of May. hope it doesn't hit so bad next time.

We had our second Pfizer jabs here in Crete. One doctor & two nurses running the process slowly but carefully. My partner has diabetes, so a canula was inserted into the back of her hand beforehand so that in the event of problems, drugs could be rapidly administered. She had to wait for 30 minutes and more blood pressure tests before the canula was removed and she was allowed to leave. My wait was the standard 15 minutes and a blood pressure test. No after effects for either of us, and we took advantage of the journey into Neapoli to do some food shopping afterwards. We can download our vaccination certificates after 24 hours have elapsed.

Maurice :cool:

The surgery phoned on Friday with an appointment for Saturday to have the second jab. I didn't have chills this time just a headache next day. I had an appointment at the hospital on the afternoon but that was fine too.
Three "over 50's'" in the family have been given a first jab, one needed a day in bed but his twin sister didn't have a reaction, the third one had severe chills and aching joints.
rosie.

I had my second vaccine last Wednesday, felt ok again this time although a day or so later I felt a bit dizzy when I got up and my neck and shoulders were stiff.
I don't know whether that was anything to do with it, might have just been looking at the internet on my phone too long!
All ok now though I have felt a bit more tired than usual.

We are all talking of having had the vaccine and today 6 of us can social distance in a garden (just hope you do not have BPH or a bladder problem and need the 'loo'), but a serious question when are you next thinking of getting in one of those big silver birds in the sky that go to far off lands over the mountains and the seas. My wife and I have considered it carefully and decided it will not be this year and next year will be very carefully thought about as with or without pandemics, those birds seem to be able to harbour multiple germs in that regenerated air and reduced oxygen output. Trying not to go off theme, but just interested in the feelings of the participants on this subject and I believe it is Covid 19 connected.

Bob

We are all talking of having had the vaccine and today 6 of us can social distance in a garden (just hope you do not have BPH or a bladder problem and need the 'loo'), but a serious question when are you next thinking of getting in one of those big silver birds in the sky that go to far off lands over the mountains and the seas. My wife and I have considered it carefully and decided it will not be this year and next year will be very carefully thought about as with or without pandemics, those birds seem to be able to harbour multiple germs in that regenerated air and reduced oxygen output. Trying not to go off theme, but just interested in the feelings of the participants on this subject and I believe it is Covid 19 connected.

Bob
Bob, we are in the same boat..........pushed off 2020 thought it would be done by now (got that very wrong). Then we said England & Europe in September can be very nice but we are still not ready, hopefully next year!

Reminder. This thread is to record your experience of the vaccination process. Each person’s medical circumstances are different and are advised only by their GP. We are not in a position to offer this sort of advice. And I am sure members will respect others right to privacy. Thank you.

Viv.

I have my second shot this afternoon. I’m feeling a little apprehensive about it, because I felt quite ropey after the first one, but I guess that there’s no reason why I should have the same reaction again. what with that, and a haircut tomorrow, by golly these are exciting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back