• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham 1960s

I was born in 1988 and I remember the bullring markets in the 1990s when I was younger my memory is really good . I remember there use to be an old lady selling flowers and there use to be a ride outside the bullring that spins around for the kids I would always go on that . I remember c&a the indoor and outdoor markets and the big ring road u would have to go round on the bus to get into the city centre . I do still love the town centre it is more modern now . But it has gone down hill the last few years or so most the shops have gone and there are always people begging on the street . But the building are defo more modern and the cinema is still there the odeon . I do have good memories of the old bullring and down centre though when I use to go with my mom as a child . I love reading about all the old buildings and memories cause I can remember exactly how Birmingham looked in the 1990s

As a little girl(born in the 50's)collecting was the thing,mine was postcards.Family and friends gave me all their holiday postcards but I only kept the ones that interested me,hence these.It's the Brum I grew up with in the 60's n 70's,now it's all change again but these pic's remind me of a Brum that was worth visiting,the Beehive,Lewis',C&A's,Littlewoods not to mention a Bullring Market that was full of stalls,the Indoor Market with it's cheap and cheerfull shops that sold everything from hamsters to sofas,cut glass decanters to fire surrounds.OOOOh I so miss those days,you could buy an evening dress and all the bling for £20.Birmingham holds no pleasures anymore but the memories linger.

I’ve just had a look, starving now, NoddKD. I want to try all of those foods out! Jen

Back