• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Covid vaccination process

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it can pedro...can you get it without the alcohol in it then...i have always understood that to be effective the more alcohol in the sanitiser we use the better...at least 60% i think

lyn
Yes Lyn must be over 60% to be effective but too high will damage the skin.

Finally got my appointment for 5 March and the second one for 3 weeks later. But our friendly pharmacist, a great guy, said on 15 February they are taking bookings for next age group which is the one my other half Jan is in. On that date he will get book Jan's appointment and make them at the same time as mine. They have now also opened up our cottage hospital in Neapoli, less than half the distance away, for the vaccinations, and it will be the Pfizer vaccine due to the EU's age restriction's on A-Z. So far, so good!

Maurice :cool:

Finally got my appointment for 5 March and the second one for 3 weeks later. But our friendly pharmacist, a great guy, said on 15 February they are taking bookings for next age group which is the one my other half Jan is in. On that date he will get book Jan's appointment and make them at the same time as mine. They have now also opened up our cottage hospital in Neapoli, less than half the distance away, for the vaccinations, and it will be the Pfizer vaccine due to the EU's age restriction's on A-Z. So far, so good!

meanwhile, back in Canada....nada.
Dave A

meanwhile, back in Canada....nada.
Dave A
Hi Dave A , same in Australia, no vaccination program started yet. They are saying late feb for starting with Pfizer jabs and sometime in March for the AZ vaccine.
May I just say, it is so encouraging to read on BHF how UK vaccine program is being carried out in a well organised manner with a few hiccups now again which is understandable with the massive task it is. Thinking of you all.

Wendy

Hi Dave A , same in Australia, no vaccination program started yet. They are saying late feb for starting with Pfizer jabs and sometime in March for the AZ vaccine.
May I just say, it is so encouraging to read on BHF how UK vaccine program is being carried out in a well organised manner with a few hiccups now again which is understandable with the massive task it is. Thinking of you all.

Wendy
Good to have someone keep me company in the colonial boat. Yes it is encouraging to see the UK vaccine rollout working so effectively...Our problem is we don't have any vaccine. After we were next to the UK in approving the Pfizer and Moderno vaccines, our illustrious leader was bragging about having secured enough vaccines to vaccinate every Canadian 4 times...more per capita than any country in the world. Both companies have reneged on delivery quantities, and we find out that there were no contracts, just verbal agreements. Sorry to rant like this but I know you'll all understand.
Dave A

Smudger,

We're getting a bit off topic, but when the customers outnumber the supplies, gentlemen's agreemants go out of the window and, as we have seen, it is still dog eat dog. :)

A contract has to be clear as to what it promises, otherwise one party can claim anything. this has been shown in the case of the EU, who claimed they had been guaranteed a certain supply (though how can you guarantee something when the productiion has not even started?) but later had to admit that there was no guarantee, just an assurance to do the best the firm could

Smudger,

We're getting a bit off topic, but when the customers outnumber the supplies, gentlemen's agreemants go out of the window and, as we have seen, it is still dog eat dog. :)

Yes it is getting a little off topic, and yes, this what has happened...
Dave A

Good to have someone keep me company in the colonial boat. Yes it is encouraging to see the UK vaccine rollout working so effectively...Our problem is we don't have any vaccine. After we were next to the UK in approving the Pfizer and Moderno vaccines, our illustrious leader was bragging about having secured enough vaccines to vaccinate every Canadian 4 times...more per capita than any country in the world. Both companies have reneged on delivery quantities, and we find out that there were no contracts, just verbal agreements. Sorry to rant like this but I know you'll all understand.
Dave A
Dave, unfortunately there were no contracts just talk. We heard about the so called commitment but no orders were placed. Not sure where the Canadian government was coming from with that one :-(

We had texts yesterday inviting us to make an appointment at one of two clinics our doctors are holding on 20th and 21st Feb (Sat and Sun). I got straight on the phone and booked for both of us on the Saturday morning. Today my letter arrived in the post. I assume that earlier clinics are still dealing with the over 70s.

I'm pleased to report I had my jab on Tuesday afternoon the 9th. I didn;t feel anything and the staff at my doctors were wonderful. However, I didn't feel at all well on Wednesday, woke up shivering uncontrollably - yes I know its very cold, then I had pains across the top of my back and shoulders, later I was sick twice. On Thursday I was as right as rain and have felt ok since, and glad I had the jab, hope I get no side effects when I have my second jab. My son aged 62 but a diabetes 2 sufferer had his first jab on Friday, he lives in Beckenham, Kent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back