• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hobbies 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
This thread is a moderator generated thread. It is open for posts covering the period 1 January until 31 December. When the period ends, a moderator will close this thread then open a new thread on the subject for the following year.

We look forward to your contributions.

The Admin Team

Last edited:
They’re absolutely great Mort. I think you have a very distinct style. Also intrigued as to how you got the sails to rotate on the windmill !

Keep going ! Viv.

Very good, Mort, but I see also a mix of two styles, the caricature style of towers, gantries, etc., and a more serious landscape style. But I enjoy both.

Maurice :cool:

For Meccano an interesting site...

Another of my interests going right back to the 1960's is pinball machines, I used to play on them everywhere I went and in the 1980's I had a number of ex arcade machines in my garage. These days I have only two here in my 'mancave' :D

This one is an all time classic 'Star Trek the next generation' an extra wide body machine made in USA by Williams in 1993. It has all the voices of the original cast and is in full working orderstartrek.jpg

Another of my interests going right back to the 1960's is pinball machines, I used to play on them everywhere I went and in the 1980's I had a number of ex arcade machines in my garage. These days I have only two here in my 'mancave' :D

This one is an all time classic 'Star Trek the next generation' an extra wide body machine made in USA by Williams in 1993. It has all the voices of the original cast and is in full working orderView attachment 151541
were you a pinball wizard?

were you a pinball wizard?
I liked to think so back in the day :innocent:
as well as pinball there were bagatelle type machines where you could (unofficially) win money, you had to carefully get 3,4 or 5 balls all in a line and the machine tilt mechanism was set extremely delicate. There was a cafe in Hurst street that had a whole line of them and some blokes spent hours in there.

Does anyone recognise the painting on the wall? that's yet another of my past interests

Was it a self portrait?

No, it's not me, it's one of many copies I made of the old masters, so it's a self portrait of Rubens, the original is in Windsor castle. I've given my daughter quite a few but here in the hall I have a self portrait of Rembrandt, the front room has two Van Dykes, 'Robert Rich' the 2nd Earl of Warwick and Charles 1st standing with horse and his equerry. 'The gun salute' by Willem van de Velde the younger.

Some are oil on canvas, others I painted with Gouache which is very thick water based paint and unlike oil it dries fast.

Attachments

• WP_20210108_14_13_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20210108_14_13_29_Pro.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 32
  • WP_20210108_14_13_43_Pro.jpg
    WP_20210108_14_13_43_Pro.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 31
  • WP_20210108_14_13_49_Pro.jpg
    WP_20210108_14_13_49_Pro.jpg
    606.4 KB · Views: 32
  • WP_20210108_14_13_54_Pro.jpg
    WP_20210108_14_13_54_Pro.jpg