• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham roof top views

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Impressive at night

Stunning photos! Thanks for the link Mike. It seems ‘rooftopping’ is a specialty these days. “What will they think of next” - quote from my mum who used it when enthusiastic about new things. Viv.

The old city is certainly spreading.
Took it all for granted before I left in 1961but would find it difficult to find my way around now.

Tim,

That was the same year that I left and coming back in 1988, I knew where I wanted to go, but it was no longer driveable!
You think you know a place, and suddenly it is turned on its head. Six years since my last visit and it is rapidly changing again. Good photos though, Mike. Thanks for the link.

Maurice :cool:

Wow!!!!, how Birmingham has changed since my day, such wonderful pictures, I remember going to the old fire station as a boy with my school, and watching the big ladders being raised and the hoses playing. Thank you. Paul

Tim,

That was the same year that I left and coming back in 1988, I knew where I wanted to go, but it was no longer driveable!
You think you know a place, and suddenly it is turned on its head. Six years since my last visit and it is rapidly changing again. Good photos though, Mike. Thanks for the link.

Maurice :cool:
Went back in 1978 and was driving along Broad St and was saying to the family in the back of the hired motorhome " This hasnt altered much then suddenly finding that we were going down the tunnel under Five Ways ". Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back