• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unusually I have a full tv evening.
At 7pm i will watch the highlights of the Vuelta d'Espana (Stage 1) on Ch.24, then at 8pm the highlights of the Giro on Quest repeat channel. I will have to forego Last of the Summer Wine.
Miss Marple - the better of the bunch starring the late Joan Hickson, also starts at 8pm. but does go on until 10.25, so I can pick up the thread at about 8.45 when the race highlights finish and before the chatter.
Alan, sounds like a good night, not sure I can stay up that late anymore

oxford, which is where Pete
You should perhaps keep away from Wallingford, south of Oxford, which is where Causton shots were taken

i watch c.h.i.p.s. reminds me of my days on the motor ways. The stupid things people do while driving on them.:mad:

There's nothing wrong with having standards Eric, and why should we accept it if it's something we don't agree with? That's part of the trouble... a bit like the Emperor's new clothes... we're made to feel that we are in the wrong if we don't approve. To me it's just a matter of common decency, and if that makes me old fashioned so be it.
Lynn.
Well said, it seems that there are no standards taught in schools these days, I suppose they are all to busy being told that they can chose one of 21 gender definitions. My wife was a teacher and is appalled by the current tv and general way of life that currently exists. Sorry old and cynical and too many hobby horses.

Bob

I like Michael Portillo`s railway journeys, he`s very entertaining & is not afraid to look foolish. NCIS, The Good Doctor, Greys Anatomy, Chicago Med, A&E, Helicopter Medic, Aussie Gold Hunters. Not many good comedies around after The Big Bang Theory finished although Young Sheldon is pretty good.

I like Michael Portillo`s railway journeys, he`s very entertaining & is not afraid to look foolish. NCIS, The Good Doctor, Greys Anatomy, Chicago Med, A&E, Helicopter Medic, Aussie Gold Hunters. Not many good comedies around after The Big Bang Theory finished although Young Sheldon is pretty good.
Agree about Portillo and most of the rest. Seen one or two excellent programmes on BBC 4 recently, the problem with a lot of the other programmes is that the series seem to move from one channel to another Discovery to Quest etc. However it always puzzles me that the Gold Hunter, Explorer, DIY expert will run into trouble and the camera crew just film it and do nothing to help. With those set in Australia, I am always amazed that Skippy does not bound across the screen, identify the problem and then set off for Kalgoorlie to get help

Bob

Ok folks, while we do care about animal welfare, there are other more appropriate platforms on the internet to voice your concerns. Thread now open.

Last edited:
at the min i am watching carry on cabby...love the carry on films

lyn
Hi Lyn, you'll be a pal for life with Graham when I tell him. He'd watch them all the time if he could. I can hear him chuckling to himself.

When we're 'free'(not in lockdown) we go to a film club and one night they showed a Carry On film. I should think it was the worst one of the lot - 'Carry on Columbus'. It wasn't a patch on the earlier ones. Very few of the old stagers in it either.
(Very sad about Barbara Windsor's illness isn't it?)

Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back