• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Steelhouse Lane Lock Up

cookie273uk

master brummie
I have been requested on behalf of Steve Rice (co-Author of 'A Fair Cop') to paint the old Lock up in Steelhouse Lane which they (the Police) hope to turn into a Police museum. It is well over a 130 years old and they wished me to portray it as it would look years ago. The have hopes of printing copies for sale to help defray the costs. Have attached painting. which Steve collected last FridayLock up 1.JPG Eric

Morturn, the print sales are to go to the police museum, I have sold many painting in the past about 250 and I would like to give something back in return, now just paint for the love of it. Eric

Eric, I admire your work and compliment you on your art work "Lock up in Steelhouse Lane".

Eric,

An excellent painting there with lots of character, and some sterling fund-raising going on there. Good luck to all concerned.

Maurice :cool:

Back