• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Introducing myself

CelticPaua

Brummie babby
Hi there, my name is Geraldine Hughes, I'm excited to have discovered this site.
I was born in Birmingham in September 1957, I believe at Loveday Street Hospital. We lived at 95 Anderton Park Road. I believe the house was owned by Mrs [Annie] Jensen whose sons were Frank and Richard of Jensen Motors. Prior to December 1956, my father [Brendan Hughes] had lived at 11 Palmerston Road and worked at Barratt and Co in Corporation Road. My mother [Phyllis Hughes, nee Ward] had worked at a local hairdressers. In 1959 we immigrated to NZ where I have lived since.
We were Roman Catholic, my parents were married and I was baptised in Moseley.
I have a photo of Nicholas [not a relative, unsure of surname] and myself taken at Kenilworth during this time and the name Christine Evans who I believe was a friend of my mother. She may have also lived at the Anderton Park Road house.
I would be so so grateful for any thoughts or memories of any of the places/addresses I mention or even any connections to names.
I am the only member of my family to have been born in Birmingham, a fact I feel very proud of.
I am currently in the UK, hoping to get to Birmingham later in the year!

Hello from a fellow newbe to this site. You've come to the right place to make connections to your past. Good Luck with your search.
:)

1957 electoral roll lists your mom, Annie Jensen and Raymond & Wendy Raby in flats at 95 Anderton Park Road.

There is a Clarice Evans listed there in 1960 & 1962.

hi and welcome to the forum...where exactly was anderton park road...have to say i have not come across it before

lyn

1957 electoral roll lists your mom, Annie Jensen and Raymond & Wendy Raby in flats at 95 Anderton Park Road.

There is a Clarice Evans listed there in 1960 & 1962.
Thank you so much!
Do you mind me asking how I can view the electoral roll - is it in person only!

Back