• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ernest Priddey Deceased 31st May 2020

That's an unusual name - I have a Dorcas Boulter (1848-1883) , who who married a Matthew Sturdy, both from Oxfordshire who later moved to Birmingham.

Maurice :cool:

I would have put good money on there having been no one named Dorcas for at least 70 years, which I would have lost. At least 20 in the 1980s.

MWS,

So many people around that time digging to find a 'different' forename for their child, but at least you know that the Registrar is not going to object. Unlike some of the monstrosities that were 'created' from the names of Premier League Clubs or just plain nonsense!

Maurice :cool:

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Hello from Perth Australia. My Grandmother was Olive Priddey, daughter of John (Jack) Priddey of Droitwich. Jack's brother was George, father of Ernest George. Olive moved to Australia in late 1940s, after the War.

She was called Marjorie and her Father was Ernie‘s Dad’s brother .
Marjorie was my Granmother (Olive)'s youngest sister. Marjorie had a daughter Denise (now Watkins) who we are still in touch with and visited (from Australia) in 2008.

Hi, my siblings and myself have been contacted by the 'heir hunters' as possible relatives of Ernie. We're trying to work out the connection, we think he may have been a cousin of my mothers, but the family appears to be quite disjointed, with my grandmother being one of 11 children spread out as far as Australia. We think Ernie's father must have been one of her siblings. Sadly, my parents have passed away, and we were born quite late in their lives, so we didn't really know our grandparents or the further family. We are trying to find out more now, and have asked the company who got in touch with us for more information on the family tree. They're trying to track down 60+ relatives! It's really interesting to hear more about Ernie.
Happy to help with details of Ernie's father's family if you want.

So my nan (born 1941 in Droitwich) her grandparents were May & william priddey, we know william had 1 brother- earnies father. not sure if william had any siblings (we believe william died young possible in the war)
My nan had 1 aunty Phyllis, and 4 uncles arthur, Harry, John (called jack) and a william (called bill).

This is so interesting

This is so interesting! My Grandad has been contacted by the heir hunters, i believe Ernest was his mothers siblings son. He was his first cousin once removed anyway. I think he would live to get in contact with those who are also related!

Here are George (Ernest's father) and his siblings.

Harry 1873, Thomas 1876, William 1878, Albert 1880, Frank 1883, George 1885, John 1888, Sarah Louisa 1890, Nelly 1892, Amy 1895-1895, Archibald 1896.

Number of children sons & daughters (that I could find) for George's siblings and probable deaths...

Harry (0) died 1893.

Thomas (2, 5) died 1950

William (4, 1) died 1947

Albert (4, 1) died 1915.

Frank (1, 1) died 1918

John (1, 4) died 1966

Sarah Louisa (0, 1 ???) ?

Nelly (1, 1) died 1960

Archibald (1, 2) died 1964

There also appears to be 1 illegitimate Priddey daughter that could be Sarah's or Nellie's.

Last edited:
Hi, my siblings and myself have been contacted by the 'heir hunters' as possible relatives of Ernie. We're trying to work out the connection, we think he may have been a cousin of my mothers, but the family appears to be quite disjointed, with my grandmother being one of 11 children spread out as far as Australia. We think Ernie's father must have been one of her siblings. Sadly, my parents have passed away, and we were born quite late in their lives, so we didn't really know our grandparents or the further family. We are trying to find out more now, and have asked the company who got in touch with us for more information on the family tree. They're trying to track down 60+ relatives! It's really interesting to hear more about Ernie.
Hi my Father in law Brian has been contacted to by heir hunters. He didn’t realise he had a relative called Ernie. His mother was Hilda Priddey.

Harry 1873, Thomas 1876, William 1878, Albert 1880, Frank 1883, George 1885, John 1888, Sarah Louisa 1890, Nelly 1892, Amy 1895-1895, Archibald 1896.

Hello, My Grandmother is Amy Elizabeth Priddey (Taylor) 1911- 1979 she had two Children my Father Geoffery (1944-2001) and my Uncle John (hoping to find). My brother and I were contacted by Heir Hunters this morning. It has been so wonderful to hear about Ernie and this side of my family. I am Canadian, but with both nationalities, I now live in the UK with my family. I am looking forward to connecting with other family members and of course getting to know more about Ernie.

Hello from Perth Australia. My Grandmother was Olive Priddey, daughter of John (Jack) Priddey of Droitwich. Jack's brother was George, father of Ernest George. Olive moved to Australia in late 1940s, after the War.
Your Grandmother and my Grandmother Amy Priddey must be sisters.

Hello From Victoria BC, Canada. My Grandmother is Amy Elizabeth Priddey and I am Geoffery Taylor's son. Looking forward to learning about Ernie. Hope this finds you all well.

all correct!

Number of children sons & daughters (that I could find) for George's siblings and probable deaths...

Harry (0) died 1893.

Thomas (2, 5) died 1950

William (4, 1) died 1947

Albert (4, 1) died 1915.

Frank (1, 1) died 1918

John (1, 4) died 1966

Sarah Louisa (0, 1 ???) ?

Nelly (1, 1) died 1960

Archibald (1, 2) died 1964

There also appears to be 1 illegitimate Priddey daughter that could be Sarah's or Nellie's.

Hiya

Thomas (2, 5) died 1950: I have 2 sons and 4 daughters:
Edith Annie Priddey ancestors (abt 1903)
Elsie Louisa Priddey ancestors (abt 1907)
Phylis Dorcas Priddey ancestors (abt 1910)
Dorothy Georgina (Priddey) Hagger ancestors (23 Jun 1911 - Sep 1976)
Who is the fifth?

Frank (1, 1) died 1918: I only have 1 son
Who is daughter?

Sarah Louisa (0, 1 ???) and Nelly (1, 1) died 1960: I have no children (or marriage) for either.

Archibald (1, 2) died 1964: I have no children.

Otherwise all details match. Your help would be appreciated.

PS: Their father was Thomas Priddey Born 12 Dec 1851 in Dodderhill, Worcestershire and his father was Thomas Priddey Born about 1815 in Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire. Do you have any idea who his father was - I can't identify his parents (there are several Thomases around that time and location)?

Paul

Back