• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

MY FIRST/SECOND GRANDCHILD

is it really 4 years since my little darling was born... :rolleyes: this is what he woke up to an hour ago and more to come later...will post some piccies of him as soon as i get them..oh he has also had an upgraded tablet which he can use better than i could lol

happy birthday james:):):):)

james 4th birthday.jpg

Happy Birthday James!
His lovely happy face cheered me up, thanks lyn. I hope your daughter is feeling better, when my son had it he felt ill for a long time.
rosie.

dont want to bore you all too much folks :D but i thought you may like to see this photo...james was able to go back to martial arts today and was so excited to receive his 3rd belt which he really should have had just before lockdown...so hes now got the white..yellow and now orange...lyn

james orange belt.jpg

Reading through these posts and suddenly I was aware how proud we are of our grandchildren, my eldest Esme was one of the last children born in the 20th Century, almost midnight 31st December 1999 in Guildford, now a third year at Birmingham University studying for a business type degree, I watched a faux advert she had designed as part of her classwork, could have been the real thing, very impressive. Now buying with her partner her apartment in Digbeth, she is/was? a waitress at Pizza Express, Brindley Place and also works one day a week for a PR firm. I have the feeling she will go places. Her brother just had his first year at the Russell group University of Birmingham interrupted by Covid 19, but enjoying every moment of it. I find it strange that they should return to my City of birth. Their cousins consist of twin brothers, one at the University of Swansea doing Maths Business studies and accountancy and the other at Bird in Sidcup doing a drama three years honours degree which covers Song, Dance (Ballet, Tap & Modern) and Acting. Whilst his brother & cousins do two to three hours of tuition a day, he often enjoys 10 hour days, sometimes with minimal breaks and has still had to produce written works (three thousand words) every week. My youngest grandchild 15 year old Ruby, last year was captain of Devon's under fifteen girls county cricket team, plays for two local teams and is a 24 handicap golfer. Sorry to bore you, but yes we can now be proud of our grandchildren, but aren't they lucky with all the chances and opportunities they have got now. Not that I would want to be their parents paying out for all of this extra education.
Be proud of your grandchildren.

Bob

Back