• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

lesters coal man

Frank King

Frank King delivered our coal he wasa lovely chap, always friendly and polite......... Erdington district...............:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Coalman

HI KMNT123
I KNOW A JOHN AND Ernie TUSTIN ,
Is There Mother Dorothy , ? ,
Best Wishes ASTONIAN ,

hi astonian sorry there mom was lillian but there sister was dorothy, my grandad who everyone called dusty delivered the coal too he drank in the dolphin pub and gospel oak too

kmt

Another thread from the deep archives of BHF.
The English master (position, not race) at school remarked one day, when dealing with our language that the sign above the cab of Lester's coal lorries was incorrect.
It apparently read "Here comes Lesters". Hi said it should, correctly read "Here come Lester's". For nearly seventy years I have remembered that - heaven knows why! :D

Back