• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

DISGUSTING FOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like salsify or Jerusalem architokes, sweet potatoes or squashes.Shudder. Or mangetouts. Nan said it was for the chickens as was broccoli and now they are marketed to be special. I like broccoli though. Also hate white cabbage she called cow cabbage.

After shelling the pods you need to remove the skin surrounding the bean. If cooked correctly they are delicious.
Apart from uncle's, the only ones I had was out of a tin, at a B&B .Mum had them in Holland served withdiced smoked bacon, and warm beetroot with onions. I will have to try it.

Your clearly in the premier division Pete. I used to get my kids and grandkids eating cream crackers with no butter. It would keep them quite for half and hour. I do like cream crackers, but once I have had one, I need ten more. Plenty of butter of course.

I cannot eat raw tomatoes. I love tinned or cooked tomes, but raw are something completely different to me.

Your clearly in the premier division Pete. I used to get my kids and grandkids eating cream crackers with no butter. It would keep them quite for half and hour. I do like cream crackers, but once I have had one, I need ten more. Plenty of butter of course.
a sit watching the tv and can eat a packet.they are cheap from as**a.

"bacon fat poured over the spuds" yeah, thats to way to do it. I like frying my eggs in the bacon fat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back