• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Nechells Park Secondary Modern School Charles Arthur St School

I knew I had one of the play ground as well....in fact I thought I had two.....if I do come across it I will post ....

Attachments

• Charles-Arthur-Street-14-8-1968[1].jpg
    Charles-Arthur-Street-14-8-1968[1].jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 39
These are the only ones I think I have of the school in question
Thank you very much. Although I now live in Scotland I do miss Brum very much. My mother had a cafe in Erdington high st for many years & when the opportunity arises I visit. Once again thanks very much.

These are the only ones I think I have of the school in question
I voluntarily attended this school from late '66 - 1970. I say 'voluntarily' because I walked out of St Joseph's down the road and begged Mr Troop to add my brother and self, to the new term school role. Bless his soul, he was flabberghasted by a 'Catholic' kid wanting to join his school.

As much as I can recollect, I pretty well remember all of the teachers throughout my own stint at the school and I'll list them, if anyone wants to know. Sadly, I'm rather more shakey when it comes to my fellow classmates. But then, I didn't set out to be the most popular kid on the block... A few do stand out, none the less.

Antonio Ross.

Charles Arthur Street infants 1924, picture found in among box of old photographs belonging to the Andrews family who lived in & around Aston...........hope this is of interest to someone.

Attachments

• DSC_6714.JPG
    DSC_6714.JPG
    467.1 KB · Views: 30
Thank you so very much for these photos. In the 2nd picture,are a row of 5 houses, next to the school caretakers house. I was born in the house next door to the care taker, 107 Charles Arthur Street. You have made me very happy, even if I cried when I saw the picture. Our family name is Earp. Is there anyone out there who remebers us?
I went to St Clement’s school with Ronnie Earp, whose family lived in a terrace off Nechells Park Road (by Andy’s Coaches). Are you related?

Back