• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

250 Newtown Row

mossg

master brummie
I don’t get much time on the forum nowadays, but I hope one of our members can help me.
I am looking for the location of 250 Newtown Row as a family member had a tripe/coffee house there in the late 1800s.moss

250 marked in red on this map c 1889. This is from the mid 1880s. Earlier no 250 was between Brearley St & Lower Tower St. If it is earlier , then I will try and find the position then

map c 1889 new town row between new john st & Theodore st showing no 250.jpg

Thanks to the both of you. Mike I think this must show the correct property as they lived there 1901 & 1911. Moss

I don’t get much time on the forum nowadays, but I hope one of our members can help me.
I am looking for the location of 250 Newtown Row as a family member had a tripe/coffee house there in the late 1800s.moss
Hi mossg. Am new to this so have only just seen your note about 250 Newtown Row. I lived at no 258 {which can't have been far away. 258 was between Cowper Street and Farm Street but can't remember which way the numbers ran. Two doors below us ( on the Cowper St end was a family called Pursehouse whose son Ken was my best friend at the time ( the 1940s, early 50s.

Hi Bryan and welcome to the forum. As you may have seen our expert on all questions relating to address and dates Mikejee shows it opposite Miller street in the late 1800s this makes sense as there was a run of shops there when i was growing up in the late 1940s. Thanks again mossg.

Back