• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Lad In The Lane The Green Man

Wow! Thought I had most photos of the Lad. I would like to use this photo if that's okay?
You can see more about the Lad In The Lane on my facebook site... Friends of the Lad In The Lane building https://www.facebook.com/groups/165196637017244
Hi, you certainly can use it, it's amongst a pile of photos from my parents that I'm slowly going through (which came from my great grandparents) they were in the pub trade, at the moment I have no link to that, but will go through the licences that I have, enjoy!

Hi, you certainly can use it, it's amongst a pile of photos from my parents that I'm slowly going through (which came from my great grandparents) they were in the pub trade, at the moment I have no link to that, but will go through the licences that I have, enjoy!
Thank you.

If you need help with locations of your photos Lois (if you think they’re Birmingham-related) I’m sure members would love to help. We love a challenge ! Viv.

If you need help with locations of your photos Lois (if you think they’re Birmingham-related) I’m sure members would love to help. We love a challenge ! Viv.
Haha you may regret saying that, I have stacks of them, I will sort them from Birmingham area and Welsh area, my great grandfather was a keen photographer, that will keep me quiet during lockdown, thank you!

Would be happy if someone could date, thankyou View attachment 144242
If you were there about 120 years ago and had some change from 1/0 (a shilling = 12d ) for a pint, you might have been given a token which could have been exchanged on your next visit... which you would almost certainly have made (to get your money's-worth). Here's photos20221211_142616.jpg20221211_143754(1).jpg of an actual token from Ye Old Green Man. Are these tokens rare, do you think?

Attachments

• 20221211_143204.jpg
    20221211_143204.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20221211_143358(1).jpg
    20221211_143358(1).jpg
    310 KB · Views: 2
nice token but i have no idea how rare they are....shame the landlords name is not on it because then we could have dated it for you

lyn

He was not there very long. He is listed in the 1900 Kellys directory (probably refers to 1899), but not in the 1899 or 1903 directories

Last edited:
Back