• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Mary's church Aston

Hi Lyn, thanks for the information about St Mary's at Aston I will pass this info on to my Mom.

always happy to help...re burials should be recorded..i think key hill and warstone lane records are held at handsworth cemetary so my advise would be to contact them and also witton to see if either of them have your uncle..would be interested to know if you have any luck

lyn

I was wondering if someone could help me with some information about St Mary's Church if known, My Uncle was intered at St Mary's Church in January 1937, he was only 6 months old at the time of his passing in late December 1936, My Mom was born two years later in 1939 and her sister was born in 1944 and her parents (My Grandparents) never told my Mom or her sister they had a brother who passed away until later in their lives, my Mom's parents never spoke of these tragic events again, so they never knew much about their brother until my Grandparents had passed themselves from documents like Birth and Death certificates and an Interment card written on it was the date of 30th January 1937 at St Mary's Church, Aston Brook Parish, what we don't know is whether he was buried at St Mary's Church, we are not sure even if St Mary's had a cemetary, My Mom and her sister can not locate their late brother's resting place anywhere as St Mary's was demolished in 1972 plus it was heavily damaged during World War 2 and records were lost or damaged. My Grandparents lived in Yates Street with family for awhile after getting Married in 1934 before eventually moving to Acocks Green in the late 1937 before my Mom was born. Hope someone can help with any information regarding St Mary's at Aston

Have you tried the Birmingham burial records website? If your uncle was laid to rest in a Birmingham Cemetery then it will show on there.

Can anyone help me with a picture of the inside of St Mary's Aston Brook showing the crucifix that hung above the chancel? It was saved when the church was demolished and placed in the porch at St Alban the Martyr, Highgate, and I am looking for a good picture of it in its original location to use on an information card. Here is a rather poor picture of the cross as it is now:
Cross from Aston Brook.jpg
I know there is a low resolution picture of the interior on https://ahistoryofbirminghamchurches.jimdo.com/aston-ss-peter-paul/st-mary-aston-brook/ and http://www.astonbrook-through-astonmanor.co.uk/churchpictures.html, but I have had no reply to enquiries about higher resolution image sent to the e-mail addresses for those sites.
Chris Smith

Does anyone know the family in this wedding, the priest is Father Allan Henley who was at St Mary's between 1954 and 1961?st marys photo.jpeg

Back