• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dennis Millington . Milk Float Death

sarah4uk

Hi
Family 'legend' has it that Dennis Millington was killed sometime after the war, while crossing the Pershore Road, by a milk float.
All family that might have remembered it are now dead.
I was wondering if anyone might have a clue or remember?!

Many Thanks
Sarah Millington

The only Dennis Millington to die in the midlands between 1940/1960 was in 1952 , registered Bromsgrove he was 35.
The death certificate will give cause of death.

The only on born in that timescale was born in June 1916, to thomas Millington and Sarah Jane Wiggett who married in 1898

1901 , 108 Herbert road, Selly Oak

Thomas Millington age 30 Caster
Sarah Jane age 25
Elsie Marion age 1

1911 61 Winnie road, Selly Oak

Thomas millington 41 brass and Copper Caster
Sarah Jane 36
Elsie Marion 11
George 8
Doris Jane 6
Henry 2

they then had Alfred in 1912 and Dennis in 1916.

Do any of the above names fit your family?

Last edited:
Yes! Thats the family!!
Thank you! Henry was my grandfather - i never met him as my dad was born when his parents were in their 40's, so we've almost missed out a generation along the way.

Sarah

Yes! Thats the family!!
Thank you! Henry was my grandfather - i never met him as my dad was born when his parents were in their 40's, so we've almost missed out a generation along the way.

Sarah
Sarah do hope you get this ,my uncle Dennis has two kids alive still. Richard born 1950 and pat born 1944 who arrived here from Australia last night here for 3 weeks. Richard and caz his wife are here too from Spain until end of month. My mum, Dennis sister in law alive still at 92 and remembers your dad if you are the daughter that is . I am on Facebook Karen kaz Horton and my email is [email protected]

Hi Karen, its always a good idea not to put your email address on a public forum. Things called robots scan the internet for valid email addresses collecting data for spammers.

Hi Karen, its always a good idea not to put your email address on a public forum. Things called robots scan the internet for valid email addresses collecting data for spammers.
Thanks good advice x

Back