• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Logging in, logging off

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to test by a process of elimination, is it your Chrome browser or is it Windows?
I would do the following

Open IE and log-in to the BHF.
With IE running, open Chrome to look at the internet in general and you could also log-in to the BHF if you want to.
You now have two browsers running simultaneously, but for time being only use IE for actions on the BHF.
Both the browsers will show active on the task bar.

If you get unwanted log-outs when using IE then it could be a possible Windows settings problem
If you do not get log-outs with IE then it could be a Chrome settings problem and that can be sorted out.
For info ....
In 2016 I bought a new desktop computer and had continual random restarts. Was it Windows 10 or the computer or what?
By a process of elimination I solved the problem, and if you want to, you can read about it here.
https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/problem.47829/#post-594551

oldmohawk ...:)
Thanks

Bob

Good advice Old mohawk. Looks like problem lay with Crome, wasnt being updated. Latest version now and all seems ok but crossing my fingers.

Hopefully it will be ok but one never knows with computing !
My version of Chrome is 64.0.3282.140 (Official Build) (64-bit)
It might be worth checking what is being cleared when you close Chrome.
Settings (three dots top right)
More tools
Clear browsing data
Select Advanced in the menu which appears

With mine I only clear 'cached images and files' ... I leave all the cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back