• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hall Of Memory Birmingham

cookie273uk

master brummie
Trying to find a suitable subject for paintings for the Christmas raffle at the Bull, thought the iconic Hall of Memory would foot the bill. EricHall of Memory 1.jpgHall of Memory 2.jpg

wonderful eric and so appropriate it being the centenary year of the start of ww1...thank you so much...

lyn x

lyn knowing my luck if i brought all the raffle tickets i would still only win the booby prize
lol...

For those of us who are still gutted that we didn't win one of Eric's superb paintings at the Christmas meet up, here's a nice view as a consolation prize! Viv.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1418043291.742551.jpg

Thanks for posting your photo Vivienne showing the Hall Of Memory and the beautiful Garden of Remembrance,I would imagine they had just been opened (No trees or shrubs yet in the garden) Why oh why did the council agree to remove such a lovely garden area which had been set aside for remembreance for those that gave there lives in the first World War.

Sorry Tony don't have a date, but the ladies clothes look about 1940s/50s.

I'm still weeping too Charlie (she says looking forlornly at the spot it was to hang)! Viv.

THE SHADOW OF £3,277.

“Goering's money-making Messerschmitt has gone from Birmingham's Hall of Memory, but its silhouette is left behind. The "shadow plane" is the work of the sun on the grass on which it stood. While it was there it raised £3,277 for Birmingham Spitfire Fund, which now stands at £15,127.”
Birmingham Gazette Oct 1940

IMG_6679.jpeg

Back