• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hp Laptop

carolina

master brummie
Can anyone help. Suddenly my touchscreen is not working on my laptop. I have done an extensive test and it is showing Touchscreen failed. Can it be fixed or does it need to be taken to an expert. Thanks

Carolina - I am not familiar with the HP touchscreen but this trick often solves sound and network problems. Open Device Manager (from right click on the start button with W10 or from control panel W7 or earlier) and look down the list and see if there is an entry relevant to touchscreen. If so right click on it and select 'uninstall'. Don't remove the drivers if it asks you. Then reboot the computer.

Have done a system restore

Use System Restore

1. Share
Use System restore to make restore points when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To go back to a restore point:
  1. 1
    Select the Start Windows logo Start button button, then type control panel in the search box next to the Start button on the taskbar and select Control Panel (Desktop app) from the results.
  2. 2
    Search Control Panel for Recovery, and select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    th
  3. 3
    Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

I went onto Microsoft and they took over control of my laptop. First one 2.5hrs; second time 1.5hrs and third time 1.45 hrs each time telling me they have sorted it - they havent so I will just continue with no touchscreen, but one of them did set up a recovery point for me.

You may already have a restore point created before the problem, they are created by various updates, not just windows.

Back