• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bull Ring 1960s - 1980s

Screenshot (178).png
Liked this Bull Ring picture! Pre Rotunda and the old Woolworths and the old Market Hall still in evidence but the then new road layout in situ.

I wonder if she picked up any bargains. A nice little purse to put in her handbag, or some dog chews for the corgis!

Been looking at the shops in the photo #200. "Wrights" was the Bakers. "Pfaff" were, I think, sewing machines. No idea what the other shops were. Don't remember ever going onto that balcony. Viv.

These good quality images are on eBay. Must be 1960s as it all still looks quite fresh and new. Viv.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 96
Been looking at the shops in the photo #200. "Wrights" was the Bakers. "Pfaff" were, I think, sewing machines. No idea what the other shops were. Don't remember ever going onto that balcony. Viv.
Pfaff are indeed a sewing machine, high quality and metal framed and bodied, along with Bernina, the other good quality Swiss made sewing machine.
Bob

indeed eric...where did it all go wrong....ade it has been posted before but many years ago so thanks for bringing it to our attention again...i have watched this many times and yes although it did ring more changes for the city centre i actually liked the new look...in my opinion far better than the way todays city centre changes are looking....

lyn

Thanks Ade. Shall merge this thread with an earlier thread about the 1960s Bull Ring. Viv.

Edit. Posts #199-#202 above now moved to this thread. Viv.

Last edited:
Back