• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ghost signs of Birmingham

Somehow doubt that this one will be around for much longer. Kingsway Cinema on Kings Heath High Street. Viv.
image.jpeg

Remember going to the Kingsway, Kings Heath in 1970 with my then girlfriend, to see the films Soldier Blue and the Pride of miss Jean Brodey. So sad to see the place like this.

Saw this one in Bilston (Wolverhampton) near the Church Street entrance to Bilston Central Tram Stop.

Heaths The Quality Fish, Fruit, Poultry Market

That one ellbrown looks so fresh. Must have been a cycle shop quite recently.
Is this just down from the Robin 2. music venue.

the frontage of the sidhu textiles shop looks to be an add on which was very common...and i think the reason for the freshness of the ghost sign is because over recent years a lot is being done to preserve them...

lyn

admired that building for a ages ell...

this may have been on before spotted it the other day when out and about but just in case...carloline st

lyn

JEWELLERY QUARTER 2018 013.JPG

Last edited:
Lyn
I seem to remember reading somewhere that when the Pickering & Mayell building was renovated they repainted the namesign even though the firm was not still there.

Back