• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Scholefield Street

I love looking at the pictures too and am grateful to everyone who posts them. I'd like to contribute more but most discussions are about things somewhat before I was born.

Thanks ... there is this pic already on the forum which has a tag indicating that it is Scholefield Street date 1960. Looking at maps and the angle of the street on the right it could be the junction with Great Lister Street.
This is Scholefield Street, with the "Corn Shop" left hand picture, and My house next door. Opposite is Davidsons Café.
Scholefield2BSt2B1960.jpg

I realise I'm a bit late adding to this thread but the attached picture was posted in 2009 by BHF member Keith in response to my thread for the Keight family that lived at 187 Scholefield Street (the house with the black car in front of it). The original image was dated 1960 and labelled Great Lister St./Scholefield St., I think it was originally supplied by Carl Chinn.

Attachments

• 187 Scholefield Street Duddeston March 1960.jpg
    187 Scholefield Street Duddeston March 1960.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 43
Scholefield St Eagle Inn map.jpg

Eagle Inn on the corner of Scholefield Street and Weston Street. My Nan lived and worked here, cleaning and pulling pints.

Maps (from 1950) of Scholefield St and Cranbury St for Keith...

0 - Scholefield St.jpg 0 - Cranbury St.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone remember anything about the top end of Schofield St., Nechells, at the junction with Great Lister St., ?
The cafe on the corner, the corn shop on the other corner, the lady that used to sell the toffee apples or old residents of the back to backs. Only six when I left 187.
My nan actually remembers the cafe, I believe her mum worked there at some point!

Back