• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by zena58

1. zena58

40 Bartholmew Street 1891

thanks phil:)
  2. zena58

40 Bartholmew Street 1891

hi i have some one on the 1891 census living at this address with her mother and siblings but there are loads more people living there too was it a work house or something similar please??? zena
  3. zena58

Women’s Land Army

hi jenny i have sent an e mail thanks for the link they can only say no can't they thank you zena
  4. zena58

warstone lane

thanks janice zena x
  5. zena58

warstone lane

hi, just a quick question please. great grand father samuel smith was cremated, his baby daughter elsie alma may smith was buried in warstone lane . could his ashes have been buried with, or scattered with elsie, and would gt gran have to have permission thanks zena
  6. zena58

Women’s Land Army

hi i'm not sure this is the right place but are there records for the land army girls if so where can i find them. my aunt, i have always been told, was in the land army. but doing the math, she would only have been able to join in 1945 as she was born in 1928 and i got the idea she did it...
  7. zena58

Bolton Road, Small Heath

thats brilliant mike thank you very much zena x
  8. zena58

Bolton Road, Small Heath

hi mike. i saw your map of bolton road, please could you tell me where 295 was. my gt grand parents lived there till 1950. google maps show me just green verge. mom remembers sitting on the fence at the end of the garden watching the trains go by thanks zena edit sorry just looked again its...
  9. zena58

looking for any record of service william henry holmes

checked the clasp and roses it was awarded to soldiers who were under fire and operated within range of the enermy mobile artillery in france or belgium between 5 aug& 22 nov 1914 so another holmes brother at the front
  10. zena58

hi lynn yes think i have all henrys records. are you well? janice the visit there was four of us we arranged it through genes reunited me jackie my friend a lady called janice and some ome called i think dinosaur it was the old library we had a good day i will check the census zena
  11. zena58

janice not sure if he was a regular zena
  12. zena58

thank you both cant understand why those didnt come up on my search. janice did i meet you at birmingham library a couple of years ago?????
  13. zena58

no janice just the 1918-1919 electoral rolls
  14. zena58

hi a lot of you will remember the posties plaque from lyns quest. i am now looking for any service record of henry james holme's brother, william henry holmes. i have birth and death certificates for him 1887-1939 and have him on census records, i have him on electoral roles at his parents home...
Back