• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by YOUNG319

1. Y

Victoria Cross & George Cross Holders of Birmingham

Hello Amanda, This is Margaret and as you are aware my Grandfather was Archibald Cook the train driver. Not sure if you know they are in the book "Heroes of the Birmingham Air Raids by Michael Minton if you can get hold of a copy it is well worth a read. I too amy very proud of Granddad and...
  2. Y

The Holte Public House Aston

Mikejee, You are a genius, How on earth did you find that out i am a member of ancestry and completely missed this info. But talking Ansells brewery my Grandfather Young was part of the brewing team up to his retirement in 1965. Again in your dept, but gratefull, Kind Regards Dave Y...
  3. Y

Hi Mikejee, its great to be back, thanks for this you are quite correct no `E', After further digging i believe i have narrowed it down to two possible locations, the first possibility is Goodfellows pub in Old Meeting st ( wether this was still standing in 1911 i am not sure) the other is...
  4. Y

Hi Mikejee, Thanks for your info, thats helped alot in my research, however to explain my wifes great grandmother was manageress at the Holte Brewery in 1911 according to the census (Mrs Mary Ann Farrell) How in my nievity, i had presumed that a lot of beer's where brewed sometimes on the...
  5. Y

Hi Horsencart, Many thanks for this, its a good start we will keep digging regards young319 newbie
  6. Y

Hi All, I am researching the Managers of the Holte P/House from 1900 to 1945, if any one has any info then i would be most grateful. Happy new year to all, young319 newbie:stung:
  7. Y

Victoria Cross & George Cross Holders of Birmingham

Hi Aiden, Great to see someone is compiling a list of our brummy hero's however there are more to add ( Archibold Cook & Mates LMS Railway London Gazzette dated 18 dec 1942) Regards young319
  8. Y

Paget Rd School Pype Hayes

Hi Jude, I attented Paget road in the mid sixties, 1963 on (some good memories) Dave Young
  9. Y

Paget Rd School Pype Hayes

Hi Jude, I attended back in the mid sixties, 1963 on (some good memories,) David Young
  10. Y

William Albert Young

Hi Mike, Thank you for this information, your help is very much appreciated this has certainly opened a few more avenues of research and hopfully fill in the blanks in this mans history, again many thanks & Kind Regards Dave Y
  11. Y

William Albert Young

Hi All, I am searching for any information on my grandfather William Albert Young, Born Wednesbury 1899, Lived at Dovedale road Erdington 1945 approx onwards. Worked at Ansells brewery in later years. Gassed in WW1, Worked down mines. I have no confirmed information. So if anybody has any info...
  12. Y

Ref: LMSR Driver Personnel records

Hi David, Yep the idiot was me, Posted in wrong thread an then tried to remove a complete hash up from a newbie, However i have read your second message which i am about to follow up and i will come back to you, Kind Regards Dave Y
  13. Y

Hi Laura, Thanks for that, National railway Museum at york could well be a good lead, As regards PRO I have tried to find references on there website before with a view to visit Kew, But i can never find what i am looking for !!. So now when someone mentions Kew i run out the room screaming...
  14. Y

Hi All, Does anybody by some remote chance know where one might find the personnel records or work rosters of train drivers in the Midland branch of the LMSR Line. I am trying to locate which trains my wife's grandfather Archibald Cook drove throughout the ww2 period, Many thanks Dave Y...
  15. Y

Nechells Place Mill Cato Street North/

Hi Frank, I know this building very well, from 1967 to 1972 i spent a lot of time inside as a shopfitting apprentice, This Building belonged to a company called L.G.Jones Shopfitters Joiners. I was led believe the builing was built originally as a brewery and believe there are capped wells...
Back