• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by www.midlandspubs.co.uk

1. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

Good music to listen to on U Tube

New Order claimed they had never heard of this record prior to recording "Blue Monday" .... I think it speaks for itself :
  2. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

Tour de France 2020 - 107th. year

I quote : " One of the most accomplished riders of his generation, Valverde served a suspension in 2010 and 2011 after a bag of his blood, containing EPO, was DNA matched by Italian anti-doping officials who had taken a blood sample at the 2008 Tour de France. Valverde admitted nothing. He...
  3. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

The Angel Pub

James Samuel Johnson kept the Plough and Harrow on Bloomsbury Street, a public-house operated by Ansell's.
  4. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

The Angel Pub

John Henry Usher took over the licence of The Angel on 21st May 1953 and was succeeded by Charles Powell on 21st January 1954.
  5. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

Barr Street, Hockley

The factory was in Barr Street but, although this former shop was next to the works, it had an address of 214 Wells Street and faced the Woodman. I am pleased to report that it was once a cycle shop. During WW2 it was run by Harold Richards.
  6. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

One of the sad things about Covid-19 is that fans cannot access the riders like they used to. Perhaps this will never happen again. This photograph was captured when I was talking to Geraint Thomas in the year that he won the Tour de France ....
  7. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

Barr Street, Hockley

This one is on the corner of Barr Street and Well Street :
  8. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

Barr Street, Hockley

Here's one of a press tool manufactory :
  9. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

This week I have had the telly pointing onto the patio to have live coverage whilst tarting up my old cross bike for the autumn.
  10. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

The reason that they won the stage was because the team leader packed it in and the rest now have a free rein - hence Luke Rowe was chasing a win in yesterday's stage. If Bernal was still in the race they would all be told to pack it in and stick with team orders. Conversely, the Sunweb team are...
  11. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Hey! let's shake things up with a great cover version :
  12. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

Colorado School

This could be a location-specific request in that Albert Road, Aston, was mentioned.
  13. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

Colorado School

I get some bizarre messages sometimes but I have been asked if there was a school known as Colorado in the 19th century. Anybody heard of such a thing. Sounds a little unlikely to me but I thought I would ask...
  14. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

In the Garden 2020

A couple of weeks now and it is the birds who are watching me - the nosey parkers. Can't be long before they fledge.
  15. www.midlandspubs.co.uk

These are the most aero mudguards I could find for this bike ...