• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by WINSTON

1. WINSTON

The bulls head pub yardley

Hi tonko yes the police station was still going when the bulls head was over the road.I wish i had more photos i could have shared.
  2. WINSTON

The bulls head pub yardley

These are the only photos i have of the upstairs room at the bulls head.it was back in the 1970s.they had a rock n roll night every week.i think on a thursday night.i did see shaking stevens and the sunsets there before he alone became famous. feel free to download and give them some light
  3. WINSTON

Castle Vale

The residents club have a good free and easy night on saturday nights. I have been going there since the jaguar club closed
  4. WINSTON

Ward End Park

Re: Ward End Park - Replacing some old Pictures (2) here's a photo from 1956.with the maitland hall and library behind.it is incorrectly stating adderley park
  5. WINSTON

Traction Engines

https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=37123&page=3&p=455685#post455685 There are a few few photos i put on the science museum thread. don't know if the link above works
  6. WINSTON

Fisher & Ludlows factory

Sadly the jaguar sports and social club on chester road will be closed by the end of january 2013. Jaguar want the land for new buildings and production lines.also they may use halfords.carpet world.and showcase cinema as we have been told jaguar owns all the land.They (jaguar) are considering...
  7. WINSTON

locket with woman and birmingham soldier

Thanks for all your replies.
  8. WINSTON

locket with woman and birmingham soldier

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Henry-Williamson-9k-gold-locket-case-1915-Birmingham-soilder-/350546335284?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519e309634&_uhb=1#ht_478wt_825 Found this on ebay.pity no name to their identity's. Not sure if it could be an american soldier.
  9. WINSTON

Stechford - The Village

Angela.sorry I don't know the date of the shops across the road from stechford station.But this other thread https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38284 may be interesting to look at.Sorry (STARS).I may have used some of your photos and reposted them.
  10. WINSTON

Stechford - The Village

11. WINSTON

Stechford - The Village

Hope no one minds me putting these photos on here. I don't think I have seen them on here.
  12. WINSTON

Nechells

I put them on here on the the assumption that they may have been lost when the site was hacked. I did not want to search through all the site to find they were already posted. Perhaps the admins can delete my posts. I will try to myself.
  13. WINSTON

Nechells

Duplicated photo
  14. WINSTON

Nechells

lodge tyres.claverdon street lupin street lupin street
  15. WINSTON

Nechells

Gt lister street
Back