• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by windemere

1. W

Hockley

What a great pic Carolina. My first job on leaving school in 1951 was at John Rabones, the large building at the bottom right of Ford St, very happy memories, thank you.
  2. W

Park Road Hockley

Thank you so much for the pics, I grew up in Park Rd, and the pics brought back many happy memories...so sad to see it on Google earth nowadays.
  3. W

National Service

Hi Eddie 14, Sorry to hear that your brother passed on.    I guess he was in Kenya at the worst possible time, as by the time i went, 2 years later, things had died down a lot.   Jomo Kenyatta the leader of the uprising, was arrested about 3 months of me being there.   After...
  4. W

National Service

Hi All, I was called up for NS in 1954-1956. It was a great 2 years that i had,in the Royal Signals, once basic training was over? I spent about 6 weeks at Catterick, Yorkshire,for basic training, then training for about 6 weeks at Ripon,Yorkshire, as a Despatch Rider. We were each given a...
Back