• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by WhitmoreReans

1. W

Carpenters' Arms - Adelaide Street

Unfortunately it looks like The Carpenters Arms is no more. I walked past today and it looked like it had suffered a serious fire - looking at digbeth.org it looks like it was deliberately burned down on the 26th!
  2. W

Hand car wash

Guys, you should think before you use these places. Many of the people who work in them are illegal immigrants who have been trafficked here, and are working in these car washes to pay off the (often huge to the point of unpayable) debt that they owe to the traffickers. Using these places means...
  3. W

Sausages just ain't what they used to be.

I've only just read through the thread and saw Leonardjob's comment "Saw a prog last night "Young butcher of the year" and a man from Wythall came second. His sausages evidently were spectacular." I've been a customer of that particular butchers for years (I grew up just off May Lane in Wythall)...
  4. W

Where is this 132?

Hi, this is my first post so please go easy on me! Could it be Cherry Street, looking up towards the cathedral? I'm thinking that it's taken from outside of what is now Rackham's and the street on the left is Cannon Street - is the building on the left of the picture (the stationers) now...
Back