• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by white3012

1. W

Death Certificate wording and operating Crematoria in 1955.

Astonian and rosie Thank you very much for your replies, I would have replied sooner but my laptop has picked up a virus, so I'm having to use computer in the local library if and when I can get one. The possibility of a crematorium in Icknield St seemed an exciting prospect in the effort to...
  2. W

Alberta Thank you for that excellent suggestion its one that neither my dad or I had thought of, I have mentioned it to him saying its a suggestion that has come from the Birmingham History Forum, he is going to start on that during his next visit to the Archives. Steve
  3. W

My dad and I both get certificates when needed, I get mine from the GRO and my dad who still lives in Birmingham gets his from the Register Office in Birmingham, Emily's death certificate was one my dad obtained so it came from the Register Office. If John Yates is attached to the Register...
  4. W

Interesting comments about the informant not being related, hence the unusual wording, I checked all copies of death certificates I have and in all cases the informant was related, the information given was just name, relationship to the deceased and address. Wendy, where is John Yates based...
  5. W

Baxter's of Beales Street, Aston and Hansons Bridge Road, Erdington

Alberta My dad and I were aware of Emily in the 1911 Census and the discrepancy with her age, the niece Evelyn is the eldest child of Emily's younger brother George who died of wounds in 1915. Evelyn my dads "Aunty Eva" worked in later years at the Hercules Bicycle works she died in 1957. I...
  6. W

Hi All A couple of questions in relation to my post in Surname Interests of a couple of days ago about a family of Baxters relates to a lady, Emily White who was living with them at separate addresses for about 30 years. Emily White died aged 82 on 17.03.1955 while living at 157 Hansons Bridge...
  7. W

Alberta Thank you for that information, that at least establishes Emily White was living with a married couple, rather than a widower and daughter. Steve
  8. W

Hi All Due to studying for a degree I have had to put Family History research on the back burner, its been so long (at least 5-6 years) since I posted on here I have effectively had to re-register with my original user name, anyway now the studies have finished I am slowly picking up the Family...
Back