• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by wessy

1. W

The Swan, Bell Barn Road

I'm really looking for information on the family any old photos etc. I'm sure that there must be some out there somewhere. But any information would be very interesting.
  2. W

cemeteries in Shirley

Thank you Bernie I will give them a ring on Monday. Cheers for your help.:)
  3. W

cemeteries in Shirley

Morning all Could anyone please tell me what the closest cemetery to Priory Rd would be? I have tried Robin Hood and they were really helpful but my relation was not there. They told me to try Yardley and again they were so very helpful but he's not there either. They did say that the...
  4. W

Abrahams & Co

Back again To me, as I live in the country, Birmingham is such a vast place. Now I am getting an idea of how close to each other all my Birmingham family lived. I've looked at a business directory for Birmingham, many moons ago at the records office and I think that Warstone Lane may have been...
  5. W

Abrahams & Co

Hi again Mike. Where did you find the information about the factory being built and houses being demolished? I can't seem to find anything at all.:headhit: I have no local knowledge of Birmingham what so ever - I am ashamed to say. :blush::blush:
  6. W

Abrahams & Co

I've been trying to find out about my Abrahams side for quite a while and have recently discovered that they had an electroplating business. They were situated on Bellbarn Rd and also possibly Warstone Lane. They started off as Hawkers and jewellers living in Inge St. Any photos that exist would...
  7. W

The Swan, Bell Barn Road

Hi Everyone. I'm very interested in this post as I am trying to find information on Abrahams & Co. Great photos:)
Back