• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

wam's latest activity

• W
    When I was young I moved to what was then called the "Calthorpe Park Estate" which ran from Belgrave Road at one end to Priory Road at...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread Midland Educational.
    They moved from 41/43 (later H Samuels) to 104 sometime between 65 and 71.
  • W
    The .me domain is registered as national code for Montenegro but, like several other countries, gets used over the world. It's unlikely...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread Covid vaccination process.
    Had the first of the AstraZeneca jabs at the beginning of the month. I was OK for a few hours then it hit me like a bad case of the flu...
  • W
    https://metro.co.uk/2011/03/23/michael-caine-i-never-said-not-a-lot-of-people-know-that-646227/ This is an explanation for where the...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread Windows 10.
    If the browser that the complaint is about isn't IE, chances are that IE is also on the PC and updated. I doubt they'd suppress windows...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread Library Of Birmingham Web Site.
    There are many problems with digitising photographs and Birmingham library will have more than most. A lot of people have given their...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread Windows 10.
    As far as I know HTML standards haven't changed for years so the "outdated browser" message is likely to be a con of some sort. Did it...
  • W
    As long as I can remember people have called "modern music" tuneless and such. I've heard they used to say the same long before I was...
  • W
    Surprising how often you see a video link or a picture link on some notice board with an "unavailable" "this is private" tag nowadays. I...
  • W
    I don't really think there's anything I didn't like that I do now. There's a lot of old stuff that is just bland. It's not irritating...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread who likes 1920 and 30s 40s music.
    There's also a lot of material at archive.org...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread who likes 1920 and 30s 40s music.
    I don't know if this will actually work for all of you but Free Music Archive host a lot of material - most of it modern and alternative...
  • W
    https://www.santander.co.uk/personal/support/fraud-and-security/how-to-report-fraud This is a list of what to do if you get suspicious...