• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

wam's latest activity

• W
    My best source online is at https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/warks/vol7/pp501-548 . I tried a text search for the word board (ctrl...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread Cox Street West - Balsall Heath.
    It helps to know when they lived there - if only roughly. I've looked through a bunch of old directories from 1898 to 1965 and there's...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread Telephone scams 2020.
    Cancelled what card? How do you know they refunded anything? Most important, did you have to give them any details?
  • W
    wam replied to the thread Computer help please..
    You can try running the old software in compatability mode but what does the software do? It might be worth trying to replace that. On...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread SAMSUNG TABLET A.
    What is your web browser? Chrome has a language setting separate from the rest. Since this is probably an Android tablet and chrome is...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread Computer help please..
    RS232 was a cable interface not a protocol. As long as the two devices it connects have the socket it should work. As to the software...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread printing problem.
    If you need to replace Works there are probably a few other programs you can try. If nothing else there are things like OpenOffice that...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread BIRMINGHAM HERITAGE WEEK 2020.
    Since the different tours are provided by different operators, I'd say you'd have to try to contact each particular one you wanted to go...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread Good music to listen to on U Tube.
    Prefer this track but no arguments. they're good. I think they slowed down when the kids started.
  • W
    Rather than just have the old stuff we already know, let's try something recent.
  • W
    wam replied to the thread BIRMINGHAM HERITAGE WEEK 2020.
    https://birminghamheritageweek.co.uk/ Obviously things are going to be different this year. You will need to book in advance for any of...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread Telephone scams 2020.
    when i log on to amazon i get this.... Sign-in from new device detected We detected a sign-in to your account from a new...
  • W
    There were so many versions of that song. As far as I can tell this is the original singer if not recording (hew wrote it and recorded...
  • W
    wam replied to the thread Computer Security..
    This one shows up when something can't get at the data certificate for a site or the site doesn't have one. It might mean that the...