• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Vixen's latest activity

• Vixen
    Vixen replied to the thread Matilda Mayes.
    duplicate info
  • Vixen
    Thanks Lynn really appreciate it. I don't know whether it will reveal anything about Eliza and Matilda but it may say when they were...
  • Vixen
    Vixen reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Matilda Mayes with Appreciate Appreciate.
    hi vixen having gone through a load of faffing about yesterday and today to register and get a new card for the archives dept i have...
  • Vixen
    I got the info off Norfolk family history site. They had records on it. I think there are two william platfoots so assuming one son...
  • Vixen
    6th August 1826 William Platfoot was baptised in Yarmouth, the son of John and Elizabeth Easter. As above Elizabeth was the sister of...
  • Vixen
    Vixen reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Workhouse Infirmary with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I'm sure it was because of the cost. A bit like why in the US today so many follow the snake oils salesmen / women , peddling rubbish...
  • Vixen
    Vixen replied to the thread D.N.A. TESTING.
    Also Devon and Cornwall and West Midlands, Warwickshire and Worcestershire were my main areas under my English percentage. Mums...
  • Vixen
    Vixen reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Workhouse Infirmary with Appreciate Appreciate.
    could be vixen but not entirely sure lyn
  • Vixen
    Oh my dads On my dads side yes matches came up via an Edith May Norbury. I couldn’t figure out how we were matched at first as I had...
  • Vixen
    Vixen reacted to MWS's post in the thread D.N.A. TESTING with Appreciate Appreciate.
    And have you found that your DNA results correspond to your family tree research?
  • Vixen
    Vixen replied to the thread Workhouse Infirmary.
    Is this also why herbalists were used rather than seeking medical help or was this more to do with wanting to avoid traditional medical...
  • Vixen
    Vixen reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Workhouse Infirmary with Appreciate Appreciate.
    1860 nearly 100 years before the NHS came into being...in those days those that could afford it would pay into a doctors fund ie giving...
  • Vixen
    Vixen replied to the thread Workhouse Infirmary.
    Out of interest was there any other hospitals in Birmingham 1860’s onwards other than the western road infirmary? If so why go to the...
  • Vixen
    I did ancestry’s DNA and have found relatives 2nd cousins. I also found my dad before taking the test and the dna result confirmed...
  • Vixen
    Vixen replied to the thread its jayells birthday.
    • 1713428642537.gif
Back