• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Villager

1. Villager

Tile Cross Infants & Junior School Shiretone School

Shirestone opened before 1958,l started there in 1954 ,class 11 Mr.Siviter’s class,l was also in Miss Pullen’s,Mr.Jones’s & Mrs.Czuni’s class.
  2. Villager

people on the photo,Joan Bithell,Vivienne McHale. Jacqueline Smith.Diane Hill (me) Linda Little, Freda Young & Margaret Avery. I can recall quite a few names in our class. Trying to put a face to your name Colin,did you have really dark hair? .
  3. Villager

I was also in Miss Pullens class the same class as Barbara..Everyone in our class passed first part of eleven plus and just a few of us did’nt manage the second part .There was three of us that went on to Lea Village. I first went into Mr Siviters class,then Mr.Jones ,which was in the annex at...
  4. Villager

Sheesbys, and shops in Tile Cross Road

A family of the name Bedford had the fish shop,they were a large family.
  5. Villager

Pat was in my class at Lea Village
  6. Villager

I remember the Hickmans living in the cottages.
  7. Villager

February 2013 edition Story of Ashted

My late husband was born at 132 Ashted Row,his grandmother was Clara,l did have discharge papers for a "Postlethwaite" are you a descendant of Harry Whiting ?
Back