• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by villafanman

1. V

D.N.A. TESTING

yeah i,m the same,, i have had a brick wall for 20yrs on my fathers side just can,t get him started,, thanks anyway MWS
  2. V

D.N.A. TESTING

thank you Eric,, thought it might help to do 1 but still thinking about it
  3. V

D.N.A. TESTING

has anyone done d.n.a. testing?? where do you start many thanks
  4. V

saint saviours church villa street

thank you MWS,, i did ask over the phone and was told no they don,t have them
  5. V

saint saviours church villa street

afternoon everyone,, can anybody tell me where the records are for saint saviours church, birmingham libary don,t have them.many thanks
  6. V

Handsworth Cemetery - grave locating

thank you MWS i intend to visit handsworth cemetry when i have the info, i live 70 miles away atm,, i,m of the age where i don,t use internet banking or put card details in. like you say the cemetry is closed atm, nobody answer,s the phone,so close yet so far away. many thanks to you
  7. V

Handsworth Cemetery - grave locating

hi MWS how do i find a grave,i have tried the link from handsworth cemetry but it just tells me what i already know. my dad is buried in handsworth cemetry, he died october 1960,james nicholson the email i got back contained no plot or grave number. if you could point me in the right direction...
  8. V

DEVLIN

another 1 i will check out,, thank you so much for your time,, i really do appreciate it.:):). time for my bed lol,, i,m such an old fart ,,
  9. V

DEVLIN

my mom came to brum with a child ,george lister b1936, married john devlin in 1942 they had a chid mary isabel devlin 1948 after 1950 i dont see john any more,
  10. V

DEVLIN

don,t know where he was born,, but i will check the new clue out,, thank you
  11. V

DEVLIN

thank you mws, ,,yes thats the info i have, he died oct 1960 on the death cert he is names has james peter nicholson same has my namebut i can,t find a birth or any marrage, i found my mom on 1939 register when i was serching iris lister her maiden name
  12. V

DEVLIN

Evening all, i,m looking for info on iris lister/devlin, she married john devlin in 1942 in sunderland. a marrage to a nicholson is what i,m looking for if poss, they lived at 20 ormond st and 1954 moved into farm street, i also have my mom on the 1939 register with lister maiden name crossed...
  13. V

cycle works on farm street

thank you that could well be it :)
  14. V

thanks rob ,,,but i have it at 322 farm st but no name
  15. V

can anybody tell me the name of the cycle works on farm street thank you
Back