• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by vicfarlowe

1. V

Worst car of the 1960's

Very true!
  2. V

Worst car of the 1960's

I worked as a storeman at Coles on Coventry Road in 1971. Coles was a Reliant and Toyota agency. Even in 1971 the Toyotas (I remember the Corolla and the Crown) were superb cars. The spares supply (rarely needed) was excellent. Toyota had a 'shed' in Dover for spares. I still remember the phone...
  3. V

P.J. Evans Essex Street

Seeing your photo took me back to those days especially as I see John still had the sideburns! Do you remember when he left P J Evans by any chance please?
  4. V

P.J. Evans Essex Street

Terrific bloke and excellent manager. I always remember a man coming into PJ's in Essex Street when I was on the front counter in 1973. He asked me for a speedo drive for a early 1950s Jaguar XK120. I could not find the parts book so I asked your dad and without hesitation he told me the part...
  5. V

Motorcycle Shops

I left Copes in 1970 but very impressed with Japanese motorcycles. The writing was on the wall for the British motorcycle industry. I particularly remember the Honda CB92 125cc. A work of art and still are. I'm told they can fetch at least £6000 in good condition these days. The Suzuki 100 was...
  6. V

Motorcycle Shops

Yes, MCE, I went there once when I was at Coles, Coventry Road. The owner was Sidi Harris I think. He was a friend of Bobby and Benny Coles if I remember correctly from 1971.
  7. V

Motorcycle Shops

Thanks very much. Vic
  8. V

Motorcycle Shops

Thanks very much. Vic
  9. V

Motorcycle Shops

What road was it please?
  10. V

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

You and I both. Terrific act. We were probably both there at the same time! If I remember correctly it was a mid - week gig.
  11. V

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Does anyone who worked at Barbarellas 1973/4 remember a DJ called Steve Kazee who called himself Stevie K? His day job was at P J Evans where I worked at that time.
  12. V

Lordswood Boys' Technical School

We were in the school rugby team as well. I was a wing three quarter.
  13. V

Lordswood Boys' Technical School

I remember you because you had a Lambretta 125 Slimstyle. I can see you now riding into school at the top of the rear playground. 1967.
  14. V

Motorcycle Shops

It could have been the late Stan Dilke who was parts manager when I worked there in 1971.
Back