• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by valbern1

1. V

Dalton Bros George St West

my father in law was bernard dalton... brother of Fred Alf and George
  2. V

J. R. Gaunt & Son Ltd., Warstone Works

Hi Colin,Val and I worked at Gaunts from approx. 1950/1957,and we have memories of so many people,many of which can be termed as "characters",unfortunately we have lost touch with them all,many would have passed on by this time. there was Geoffrey Hughes who also served his time in the...
  3. V

J. R. Gaunt & Son Ltd., Warstone Works

Hi Colin, don`t know what your interest in J.R.Gaunts is,I served my time in the toolroom there,and my wife worked in the office,perhaps we knew each other??
  4. V

Thornley & Knight Ltd Bordesley Green Rd

Hi Icarus, been reading the history of thornby & knight , any information of my "Hero" Billy Timbrell,he was a distant relative .Bernie D.
  5. V

Cecil Walker Hampshire Regiment

sorry yes Hampshires.!!
  6. V

Hi Terry, found a little something on Ancestry,.C.Walker.Pte.no 10240 l.g.s.21-7-17 Vol30196 Page 7452. its all Gibberish to me you might make something of it,regards Valbern1
  7. V

Hi Tery ,once again thanks for your efforts,I am convinced that the badge in Question is the Hampshires. As the photo shows there is no doubt that he was a serving soldier,more than likely a bandsman,His name by the way Was Cecil.Hugh.Walker. and acording to the photo,was a corporal.Both his...
  8. V

Hi Baz,on reflection you may be right i.e. Hampshire Reg.!! The "5" would be reflextion from the Rosette.The question now would be,what was he doing in the Hampshires? he was Witton thro*thro. Member of the Barn workingmans club(Now closed I believe.) regards valbern1.
  9. V

Hi Terry, thanks for your interest.After enlarging this Photo ,and scrutinising,it looks to me to be the Warwicks badge with the number 5 underneath,this I can understand ,BUT the surrounding "Wreath"??What is your opinion ??? regards Valbern1.
  10. V

Hi all,don`t even ask how I did this -----sheer fluke. Hope this helps Valbern1
  11. V

Hi Chris,the photo does show a cap badge Just, but for sending photo ,to me stretches my brain capacity, can help??have scanner etc?
  12. V

Hi all,in possestion of a photo ,of a Cecil H Walker,occupation Watch&Clock maker,he is in ww1 uniform(?) as a corporal ,and he is holding a bugle,he was known to be a military/brass band lover. can anyone help??
  13. V

Hadley family

Thanks Bren,have done that, Anote to anthony Skidmore, will now await results That was easy following your instructions,----its the B`ham webpage is the problem,not to worry soon get into it,---as I said on getting called up !!!!!!!!!!
  14. V

Hadley family

Hi Bren<thanks again for your help,I am a member gs7 _055748229 BUT.!!!! I find the method of contact very confusing (My age you know!!!),can I be guided by you??.I would love to contact Anthony. regards valbern
  15. V

Hadley family

Hi Bren, thanks once again for all the" info"you have sent me,checked it against my findings and all is exactly correct,I will leave it to my "Good Half" to decide if she contacts any "relations."I see by the number of posts you keep busy,if I may I will keep your 'Avatar ,in case I need help in...
Back