• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Tyke

1. T

Sgt.Pilot Michael K Daniels from Erdington, 274 Sqdn RAF KIA 16th June 1941

Yes, I do too but I have a feeling that he was the son and only child of Herbert and Grace Daniels so maybe there are no surviving relatives.
  2. T

Sgt Pilot Mick Daniels 274 Sqdn.RAF from Erdington, KIA 16/06/41

I wrote a post about Mick a few years ago but I've since found a photo so I'll repost on a more relevant forum. He was engaged to my mum in 1941 before he was posted to North Africa to join 274 Sqdn. RAF flying Hurricanes. He was shot down and killed on day 1 of Operation Battleaxe whilst...
  3. T

When I Googled those German pilots, the phrase "lambs to the slaughter " came to mind. Only 19 years old, probably not many hours on Hurricanes,only 4 days on the squadron and Michael comes up against some top German aces who had 'cut their teeth ' flying in the Spanish civil war and the Battle...
  4. T

Mick Daniels was the boyfriend/fiancé of my 91 yrs mother. His parents were Herbert and Grace Daniels from Erdington. After a bit of research, this is what I found out about him; From my records, I have Michael being shot down on 16 June, the first day of Operation Battleaxe (the offensive...
Back