• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by trev2239

1. T

Yardley Wood

Hi Bishops mate. I remember the Drews very well. Pat, Molly and Oliver the lad mentioned. The older brother I didn't know. They lived at 54 Cleeve Road,. We lived at number 50. Mom, Dad,both now dead. My younger brother Pete Died in 1987. I have no idea where the Drews are now, as I left...
  2. T

Hill Street, Birmingham.

Thanks folks. Some good photographs there. I am particularly interested in just down Hill Street. Number 11, to be precise. It should be Duffeys Tailors. I have been researching my family tree, and it seems that my GGGfather worked there as a tailor, when he came to Brum in 1822. If...
  3. T

The Blitz

Help please. Does anyone have a photograph of the bomb damaged St Thomas's Church, Holloway Head/Granville Street. If possible soon after the bombing, and if possible, also the date. It is now known as "The Peace Garden". I was born in Cregoe Street,(right opposite) just about where the...
  4. T

The Blitz

The Piggy poster was also (very Large) on the front of Marsh & Baxters premises at Digbeth. Although not a poster, but a Sign Writers very skillfull handy work. It was there for many years, I always looked at it, from the bus on my way home from work.
  5. T

St Thomas Holloway Head Lookups

Thanks Steerboy, I will keep looking. I live in hope.
  6. T

St Thomas Holloway Head Lookups

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me in finding my Grand parents wedding. I have two B Cs of two of their four children giving my grand mothers maiden name of Brutton, but I cannot find her anywhere. No birth, marriage or death. I am hoping that if I can find the wedding,it may...
  7. T

Hill Street, Birmingham.

Does anyone know of a map or maps Hill Street, Birmingham. Circa !800 to around 1830. Possibly with house numbers. Thanks.
  8. T

Warstone Lane Cemetery

Hi Wendy, I recently posted on the Key Hill Cemetry site, about my stint as a young Bobbie in the fog in the 1950s. Well here's an amusing tale, or not, depending on your sense of humour, about Warstone Lane Cemetry, around the same time. Again it was foggy/smoggy, and again at night. At...
  9. T

Key Hill Cemetery

Yes Wendy, no problem. There used to be, at the back of Hylton Street, off Vyse Street, a passageway that ran around the back of the buildings and overlooked the cemetry. I haven't been around there since the 1950s, so not sure if it's still there. If so quite a good view across and down to the...
  10. T

Key Hill Cemetery

I'm a new member, but thought you might like to know of my experiences of Key Hill cemetry. I'm an ex Bobbie and worked the Kenyon Street Patch, in the 1950s,(the jewelry quarter) It couldn't have been a worse time of the year, but in the fogs ,or should I say Smogs, of the November of 1953...
Back