• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Traceylou84

1. T

Salford House Erdington Birmingham

I’m sorry that photo is distorted, I copied it from Google Earth. I could have access to the keys if I asked so I should arrange to go and take some inside photos as some areas, the cellar and main bar layout etc were part of Slade house and hold some old features. I’m really worried that the...
  2. T

As Slade House has been discussed here I wanted to note that it has recently closed, well the Brookvale Social Club Anchorage Rd, which Slade House is part of has. It is going to be sold. Only from above can we see the remain of the old estate house (due to ground floor extensions). There is so...
  3. T

That’s amazing thank you. Do you know where this was advertised? Which paper and what year? What year it was sold? *Sorry I’ve just sent the date poster above 1918, this was only a few years after my grandparents house was built in 1910 (if my memory serves me right from when I last looked at...
  4. T

Hi Samurai, I’d be very happy if you could share the copy of the will you have of your gt gt uncle, I’d love to know the details of Slade House, there isn’t much available online about it. My family have lived in Mere Rd for over 60yrs and they’ve always been members and regular users of the...
  5. T

Heath/Hopkins

And Mary Ann is the sister of my gt gt gt grandfather. I dont have many exact dates for them as yet as this info has came from census reports. If you have any of her details id be grateful. I am still working on my direct line but hope to add further details of siblings, cousins etc. My gt...
  6. T

HEATH James- a boatman

I have a Mary Ann Heath, Father James Heath, Mother Caroline Heath nee Wootton but married 1839 James baptised 24/4/1815 St Martins Mother Mary Heath another child Abraham baptised 2/9/1805 I have no occupations and no Father for those boys, could you tell me if these link to your research...
  7. T

Heath/Hopkins

Hi, Im new here so I hope im doing this right. Mary Ann Heath was the daughter of my ancestors James and Caroline Heath. Their children Mary Ann, Samual James, John, Elizabeth and James Brother Abraham lived together on 1851 cenus they also had Emma Heath born 1860. I am on John Heaths line John...
  8. T

wellesley street

Im very new here, I have just discovered that my gt gt Grandparents lived in Middlemore Place, Wellesley st in 1911. I searched the address and this site came up and all those photos! Im amazed as I walked that area every day when I was younger but had no idea my relatives had been near there...
Back