• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Topsy

1. T

Thomas Siviter Smith

Hi All So nice to see the photo of the Family memorial all fixed up. My great aunt Nellie Nora Griffiths married Valentine Siviter Smith in 1911. Valentine was the youngest son of Thomas Siviter Smith & Amina Ann Shaw. He was a Photographer & Engraver, I believe he was owner of V. Siviter Smith...
  2. T

READING in Yardley Cemetery

Hi, My gt grandfather William Jura 1850 was the son of William & Eleanor do you know anything about his siblings Mary Ann abt 1849 & Lizzie 1857 or any other siblings I'm not aware of. How are you related? Thank You Hilary
  3. T

Soldiers in India

Hi Ann I recieved your IM, will contact you. What a fantastic way to start the New Year Hilary
  4. T

Soldiers in India

Hi I'm Aileen Griffiths's nee Durr's grandaughter. Kathleen Waugh was her older sister she married Brimble then Hugh Alexander and then Jack Waugh. I tried to IM you but it did't go through try it on your end. Hilary
  5. T

Davis Annie

Re: Annie Davis Hi wendyp We were lucky, it depends on the amount of information that is posted in the first place, the more the better. I was only able to find the family in the USA only because they were also searching for information on Jean Pichette who is in golfy's tree. Hilary
  6. T

regiment identification

Thank You Len and Terry, Interesting information. All I know is he was stationed in India, he married my grandmother Madras 1910 Also on my father birth cert. 1914 his occupation is Overseas PWD stationed at Fort St George, Madras the Garrison Caplain looks like H W Atkins. He returned to...
  7. T

Davis Annie

Re: Annie Davis Hi Golfy You can use the email thread button at the bottom to send it to me OK and I'll pass it along. Let us know how you make out and if you find out more about Annie. Hilary
  8. T

British India information.

Hi Sid, I'm also trying to find information on family in India, the fibis site has some but limited, IGI also but I heard they are working on India and should have more within the year, there is also indiaman.com Paul Rowlands who does research for a price, he also has a site on facebook where...
  9. T

Davis Annie

Re: Annie Davis Hi Golfy, Good News:D I have found living relatives for you in the USA. Doris is still alive and doing well. Jean Gaston Louis Pichette - born Sept. 16 1907, New Hampshire, USA - died Dec 24 1970 Louise is also still alive If you would like to IM me with your email...
  10. T

regiment identification

Thank You All so much, I think every bit of information helps. I found a 1901 census for a Harry Griffiths - 18 - born Birmingham At South Denes Barracks, Yarmouth, Norfolk Would this fit for the RW and RA, where else do you suggest I look for more information. Hilary
  11. T

Davis Annie

Re: Annie Davis Hi Golfy, I had to contact the Birmingham Registry myself recently, so you can either phone John Yates - geneologist # 0121 675 2909 or email - [email protected] Good Luck
  12. T

Davis Annie

Re: Annie Davis Hi Golfy, I found 2 immigrations to Canada 1. July 1913 - Owen Davis 44 engine erector, Annie Davis 18 domestic, going to Toronto. 2. Annie Davis a home child born abt 1895 18 yrs. again 1913 No luck on marriage to George Mitchell Found 2 births in Birmingham Jul-Sept...
  13. T

regiment identification

Hi Lem I got my trusty magnifying glass out, it's to letters either MW, NW, or RW does that help Hilary
  14. T

regiment identification

Hi Jeoffry, The badge is a little fuzzy but they do look similar. Hilary
  15. T

regiment identification

Thanks Jeoffrey, My grandfather was in the Bengal area but I think that photo was taken in Madras. Take your time, it's taken us 90yrs to start looking at there time, so what a few days or more. Hilary
Back