• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by tootz2

1. T

Burlington St Schools

st.evenlucy So sad about Janet,she was young,at school she was very quiet and very well mannered,I remember her so well,she was one of those people who when she smiled it lit up her face.Are you on facebook if so my name is Sheila Boyde add me and I will send you the photo xx
  2. T

Burlington St Schools

Yes that is Janet Overthrow we were in the same class,so sorry to hear she has passed away the date would be probably 1962/63
  3. T

Burlington St Schools

Senior School Teachers names that I can remember are front row left to right Miss Wills,Miss Guy,Miss Warren,Miss Lloyd Evans,Miss Jehu Back row is left Miss PJ Evans and far right Miss Hallett I cant remember the other 2 names. Infant is a bit sketchy so I will just reel off who I can remember...
  4. T

Burlington St Schools

Found one more
  5. T

Burlington St Schools

Im sorry how they are posted Im new to posting on here as you can see I have put photo`s of Senior`s first with the Headmistress Miss Warren and the teachers that were there when I attended there.The second row of photo`s are mixed years where a member of my family are on there and then the...
  6. T

Burlington St Schools

Some Class photo`s of Burlington Street School Seniors
  7. T

Victoria Terrace back of Webster Street Aston

Thank you Sylvia,I went to a few of the reunions when it was held at the Barton Arms,I was set to go this year but couldnt make it at the last minute.Sadly my Brother is no longer with us he use to go too along with his Friends,there`s always next year though.I do have some Class photo`s of...
  8. T

Sylvia- Thanks for replying,the reason I asked was because one of my Brothers best friends was Geoff Townsend they both went to Thomas St School after they Left Burlington St..I went all through Burlington Street School up to 1966 and then left for work,loved the School,Basically I loved Aston...
  9. T

Rowan your so welcome,Im sorry the photo`s dont show much of the yard,I would love to see it all again myself,that yard was the centre of my childhood from my birth until it was demolished.I have so many happy memories there,some Saturday nights were amazing,my Nan use to get the piano pulled...
  10. T

Sylvia Sayers did Norman Townsend have a brother name Geoff?
  11. T

My Nan used to live next door to Mrs Marshall Rowan..My Nan was Fanny Wilson I can still picture Mrs Marshall very nice family,I just have to find out how to post the photo`s now,I promise I will though.
  12. T

I have some family photo`s taken in Victoria Place I was born in there and my Nan lived in there until it was demolished,if you want to see them how do I post the pictures,I do have to say though you only see a bit of the yard they were photos of us when we were kids
  13. T

Lives Of The First World War - Remember Your Relative

John... you have no reason to be disappointed to be honest I really didnt think of how enormous the task would be to compile such a list..you did a marvelous job!To be honest you have my Grandfather on the list,I knew his Brother had died in WW1 but had little knowledge of him myself...it took...
Back