• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by TonyBrown

1. T

The Moody Blues

Yes, that's so true, the fickle hand of fate can take you in completely opposite directions, and, to some extent, irrespective of your talents. Actually Ray retired in 2002, apparently suffering from balance problems that has stumped the doctors. The new (October) issue of Record Collector...
  2. T

The Moody Blues

Yes, the "family trees" do make fascinating reading. There's a big overlap with ELO and other Brumbeat bands in the Moodies' tree - Pete Frame did a good book setting all these out - and a fantastic TV programme was also made on this. I've put together a comprehensive one just for the...
  3. T

The Moody Blues

Mossy Many thanks for your messages. I was good friends with Clint too (& Danny King), I was at also at the funeral, very moving. Btw, I took Clint to a Moodies gig in London (around 2000) where he met some of the band after the show, a very interesting evening. Would you mind dropping...
  4. T

The Moody Blues

Wow - lots of replies!! There's a copy of the programme for the Chuck Berry show on my site ; https://www.themoodyblues.co.uk/tourbooks.htm Wish I'd been around to have seen them (not born until '66!) It was signed by the band plus a few others on the show, inc. Dick Heckstall-Smith...
  5. T

The Moody Blues

Hi Shardeen, Wow - can you expand on this? You were in another band that shared the bill? If you can let me have some names, I'll have a word with some of the guys - am meeting up with some next month. Regards Tony
  6. T

The Moody Blues

Heather, It was Ray Thomas that was the lead singer. Justin was from Swindon, Wilts, and didn't join the Moodies until 1966, after Denny & Clint had left. He joined at the same time as John Lodge, who'd previously played with Ray & Mike in the Rebels. I have a poster from the...
  7. T

The Moody Blues

Hi, I run a website dedicated to the Moody Blues and their earlier bands ( www.TheMoodyBlues.co.uk ) I've interviewed dozens of musicians from those bands and several of their personal photo albums are included on my site, I would love to hear from anyone who may have any original photos...
Back