• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by tondon

1. T

The Queens Arms Newhall Street Jewellery Quarter

Hopefully someone on this thread can help. Around 1840, my great great great grandfather, Charles Holland, was the 'Licensed Victualler' of the Goats Head Public House at 30 Newhall Street, Caldmore, Walsall, as it was then. It would be very interesting either be able to pinpoint exactly...
  2. T

Cant Find Photos Of A Street/rd ??

Hi Nick, would it be possible for you to post the St. Luke's photos here? Anton.
  3. T

Does anyone have a picture of St Lukes Rd Balsall Heath / Edgbaston?

That's fantastic Mike thank you so much. Very interesting that there is a Ruin listed there in the yard of Cottage Place.
  4. T

Does anyone have a picture of St Lukes Rd Balsall Heath / Edgbaston?

Fascinating thread, thank you all for the information. In the 1920s, my father's family were in Cottage Place, St. Luke's Road. I wonder if anyone could pinpoint where that was please? I attach a screenshot from https://maps.nls.uk/ which shows the locations of one of the schools and the...
  5. T

Maypole Memories

Excellent, thank you.
  6. T

Maypole Memories

That's close enough. I just wanted to get a feel of how it may have looked around that time, so that's perfect, thanks, Anton.
  7. T

Maypole Memories

Back