• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by tjhh

1. T

Bomb damage photos of WW2

thanks Phil
  2. T

There was a map published by the mail in the seventies I think - it covered a larger area.
  3. T

Thanks mo
  4. T

has anyone posted a copy of the air raid damage map published by the evening mail several years ago ?
  5. T

Aston Pictures

old and grey - this is probably the wrong thread but I remember that magic shop when I was living with my grandparents in bishopsgate st in the early to mid sixties. I remember the soap that turned your hands black - I gave that to my uncles to their suprise.
  6. T

Broad Street

Thanks - although I think it may be of the Bulls head and I've seen one or two of those over the years, I'm thinking of a picture the other way across the intersection to the corner shop. Tom
  7. T

Broad Street

Thanks - will do another search Tom
  8. T

Broad Street

Thanks Carolina - I have this pic but thanks for posting. I know there is somewhere a pic taken from outside the Bull pub across to the corner shop on Tennant st - or there was, it may be lost. Tom
  9. T

Broad Street

hello - does anyone have any pics of Bishopsgate st from the Broad st end looking down the st. My grandparents lived close to the corner with Tennant st.
  10. T

Bishopsgate Street

Thats great Phil thanks. Tom
  11. T

Bishopsgate Street

Hello - anyone got any pics of Bishpsgate st, off Broad st. I stayed there sometimes in the sixties with my grandparents most memorably the night the news came on the tv that JFK had been shot - 1963. We were next to the corner shop on the corner of Tennant st I think opposite the pub.
  12. T

Aston, Lozells & Witton Photos Reposted thanks to Ray Griffiths...

Re: Aston and lozells pic reposted... No I didn,t but my parents might have. Heard a few stories about ozzie osborn from my cousins in potters hill.
  13. T

Re: Aston and lozells pic reposted... There's probably one in a parallel universe - like my parents wedding.
  14. T

Various street pics

Hello Lyn - they dont have the glow of your pics but they probably mean something to someone. I've just posted a message on the pics reposted thread. Tom
  15. T

Re: Aston and lozells pic reposted... Hello Lyn _ I've just posted (in various st pics) the two Burlington st pics I mentioned a few days ago, took me a while to find them. The pics you've posted are wonderful, in particular the Burlington st, Park lane and Potters Hill images. The...
Back