• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Thomas Parry

1. T

Kingstanding

Wow - is David on this site do you know? I don't know too much about David so it'd be nice to found out. Coincidences are more common that you'd think as i've learnt whilst researching my family history.
  2. T

Kingstanding

David was born in '47 too so it's possible that he would be the one you remember - the other Kenneth was 12 years older.
  3. T

Kingstanding

Strangely enough I think that might be Albert Parry (brother of George whom I mentioned on previous post) with his wife Alice and sons Kenneth and David.
  4. T

Kingstanding

Hello, I'm looking to see if anyone remembers a family that lived at 140 Dyas Road from the late 30's until sometime after the 60's - the names were George and Edith Parry.
  5. T

Park Road Hockley

Hi Brian, Roy was born in '42, Keith in '46, Michael in '50, Carol in '51, Margaret in '53, Ann in '55 and Kevin in '63. Not sure if they went to All Saints but could be possible. Thomas
  6. T

Park Road Hockley

Hi there, I am wondering if anyone knows or can remember anything about a Thompson family that lived at 1 back of 342 Park Road from the mid-1940's until the early 1960's. The dad was called Leslie, the mom Margaret and the children were Roy, Keith, Michael, Carol, Margaret, Ann and Kevin. Thomas.
  7. T

Clifton Road Balsall Heath

Ah yes, thanks for that Mike, I must have missed it when I checked.
  8. T

Wow Phil that's a great map there!! - I had a great-great aunt live at no. 59 from the late 1930's until about 1960 her name was May Matthews (later Sallis) and she worked as a barmaid. I noticed there was an Inn on the corner of what I presume is Malvern Street. It looks like it has now been...
  9. T

Alum Rock Rd - Ward End area

Hi there, I had a family member that lived at 103 St. Margaret's Avenue in the 80's - his name was Leonard "Len" Parry and he had a wife called May. He died in 1985. I wondered if anyone would remember them. Thomas
  10. T

Yeah that's the problem - all my family that are still alive have only heard of her by name and they've never seen her or know much about her :(
  11. T

I know her father George Parry worked as the manager of the Red Lion Inn on Duke Street in the late 1930's so not certain if that is the pub she worked at?
  12. T

No sorry i'm not sure.
  13. T

Kingstanding

Hi there, I am wondering if anyone remembers a Mr. Albert Parry that lived at 122 Cranbourne Road from about 1939 until he passed away in 1977 - his wife was called Alice and he had two sons Kenneth and David (also another son Roy who passed away young).
  14. T

Does anyone remember a Mrs. Matthews (later Sallis) who lived at 59 Clifton Road from about 1939 until 1960 - her first name was Isabella (aka May) and she worked as a Barmaid.
  15. T

Granville Street Ladywood

George might have just passed away in Birmingham he might still have lived in Telford - maybe he was moved hospitals but maybe his health improved for a short while as his wife Edith also passed away in Birmingham in 1983. Floss was 81 when she passed away.
Back