• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by The Baron

1. The Baron

GEC WITTON WORKS

Bit before my time at witton lol. Great pic's Astonian,what's with the trench's?
  2. The Baron

GEC WITTON WORKS

keep posting ( many more on the other GEC site guy's) love to see the place I spent over 30 year's ;0))
  3. The Baron

GEC WITTON WORKS

Us old GEC folk's must be getting thin on the ground now ,seem to have run out of post's lol
  4. The Baron

Old Sutton Parade Shops

Thanks Ray ,even I remember it now ;0))
  5. The Baron

GEC WITTON WORKS

Anyone help looking for the name of this guy,Q Shop foreman GEC Switchgear & Chairman Highgate United ? Must have past him every day when I worked in Relay Shop for a few years.
  6. The Baron

Old Sutton Parade Shops

Thank you & your mom for the Info ;0))
  7. The Baron

Group photos

UPPER THOMAS STREET tour of the streets of aston to see the buntting. the Red stared lady is My Aunt Edith Lamb ( Nee Woolley)
  8. The Baron

Group photos

I see Art Hambidge next to Bill Jones & Pete Jennings
  9. The Baron

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

Many a late night spent in that place drinking coffee and the odd pie after a night at the Old Birmingham Ice Rink .Great meeting place for us skaters ;0))
  10. The Baron

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

nice E Type on the left.That guy must be running to make the 7-30pm skating session at the old Rink Phil ;0))
  11. The Baron

Upper Thomas Street School Aston

Do you mean the one of us 5 at Thomas St (above) lyn. if so it's Keith (THE BARON) not Phil. ;0))
  12. The Baron

Upper Thomas Street School Aston

found this one in our box of family photo's I am the guy front left the only one other I can name is the chap next to me Roy Haynes ? take at Upper Thomas St Senior School when Mr York was the Headmaster. Anyone know others on here ?
  13. The Baron

Sir William Nott

If that Henry Nott Hobday is landlord of the Eagle & Tun Banbury St Birmingham then YES they are mine ;0))
  14. The Baron

Upper Thomas Street 1949-50

It was DAVID JENNEY Pat but you know that now Regards Keith lol
  15. The Baron

old car snaps

Now this is not my R.R. (I wish ) but one taken with me at the driving seat taken at aReg office wedding in Birmingham.
Back