• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by tex

1. T

My grandfather, Arthur Howells owned and ran a furniture shop at 131 and 133 Soho Road Birmingham. He was listed as a cabinet maker and upholsterer

Thank you everybody for the pictures and information. I now know to look out for postcards showing the Elite cinema area. My mother told me her father had a full sized billiard table above the shop and used to entertain his friends there. Unfortunately he was too generous with (and too keen...
  2. T

My grandfather, Arthur Howells owned and ran a furniture shop at 131 and 133 Soho Road Birmingham. He was listed as a cabinet maker and upholsterer

My grandfather, Arthur Howells owned and ran a furniture shop at 131 and 133 Soho Road Birmingham. He was listed as a cabinet maker and upholsterer. He was born in 1871 and married in 1897. The 1911 census shows him and his family living above the shops and as far as I have been able to...
Back