• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by terryb18

1. terryb18

Barell ORGAN Pub DIGBETH

Alan, did Paddy Finn run the Kingshurst pub before he took over the Dubliner?
  2. terryb18

Getting Logged Out

After some time of me being logged out every time I left the site, I thought I would try using BHF on another browser. Lo and Behold it kept me logged in, however, I prefer to use Chrome so I uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it. Bingo, everything seems to be ok now,touch wood. I imagine it...
  3. terryb18

Getting Logged Out

I've been having the same problem for a few months now Carolina. Ever since I joined the site I always stayed logged in. I don't know the cause, or why it started happening, but it's no problem to log in, I'm just curious as to the cause. I'm running Chrome on windows 10 desktop. I have never...
  4. terryb18

Barell ORGAN Pub DIGBETH

Astonian is quite right, it is Paddy finn who owns the Dubliner. https://www.facebook.com/paddy.finn.9
  5. terryb18

Server Downtime 21-23 Feb

Let's hope it cures my logging on problem. All these years I have been on the forum I have always stayed logged in, but now I have to log in every time I want to come on.
  6. terryb18

Allcock Street, Deritend

Your wish is my command Lyn.
  7. terryb18

Programme For Letter Writing

I use Libre Office and I have done for ages and it does everything I need, which I admit is not a lot. There is also google documents though I have never tried it.
  8. terryb18

385 Brookvale Road, Erdington

Not really, I know she was in a small room, thats all. My mother did all the organising. I imagine they had a dining room where they all went. TBH, I never took much notice at the time. Mom tried to get her closer to home but there wasn't anywhere I presume. I was driving at the time so I was...
  9. terryb18

Paulo76. I think I got the name wrong, I was probably thinking of Highcroft Hospital. Just looked on nans death certificate but it doesn't say the name of the place. I remember visiting her 3 or 4 times before she died.
  10. terryb18

I think the place you are looking for was on the corner of George Rd and Brookvale Rd. I can't think what it was called. My nan resided there due to dementia and she died in 1968. It looks as if houses have took its place now. Its the building next to Lakeside Walk.
  11. terryb18

Getting Logged Out

Its just started to happen to me over the last few days. It keeps my username and password ok, but it removes the tick from ..stay logged in... So I have to tick that every time I want to log in. Not much of a problem, but after all these years of being permanently logged in, I just got used to it.
  12. terryb18

Site link: Birmingham History Webring

Came across this site whilst surfing and generally messing about. https://web.archive.org/web/20060205160414/https://www.birminghamhistory.co.uk/ It appears to be under construction so it may change in future. The year is 2006 when you click on the link. Might be worth keeping an eye on. This...
  13. terryb18

Pubs Of The Past

Was it this one?
  14. terryb18

Heaton St Hockley

I only have this one.
  15. terryb18

Painting Of Old Market Hall

Thats how I remember it Phil, but for the life of me I cannot remember the market hall as it was in the pic I posted.
Back